Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Human Factors Course

2B1

If you're not successful in finding a local course, you may be interested in trying the CAMC. Google em for the site. They have an on line course which isn't too extreme price wise. Once finished they'll even issue a certificate. :)

Thank you for the info.

If you're not successful in finding a local course, you may be interested in trying the CAMC. Google em for the site. They have an on line course which isn't too extreme price wise. Once finished they'll even issue a certificate. :)

This would be recurrent training only not the initial course. Unless things have changed the initial HPIAM course has to be in a live classroom setting. CAMC is great for the recurrent HPIAM course.

Some of this may have changed but that was my latest understanding.

Confirmed CAMC only offers recurrent online training. The initial course is classroom only. I can't seem to find any regulation that compells this but here is STD 573.06 (Emoticons were inserted by the forum not me)

573.06 Training Program

(1) Pursuant to subsection 573.06(1) of the CARs, an AMO certificate holder shall ensure that all staff with technical responsibilities are provided appropriate training in technical, regulatory and human factors issues related to the work for which they are responsible.

(amended 2002/09/01; previous version)

(2)The training program shall include:

(a) initial training to ensure that persons taking on new responsibilities are aware of their technical, administrative, and regulatory responsibilities;

(B) update training to ensure that personnel remain competent and are made aware of any change to their area of responsibility;

( c) additional training where it is shown to be necessary by a finding made under the quality assurance program or required due to changes in the regulations, applicable standards, or company procedures; and

(d) procedures to ensure staff are kept aware of maintenance safety related issues in general, by means of bulletin boards, information notices, company publications, verbal briefings, or by similar means.

(amended 2002/09/01; no previous version)

Infomation Note:

These training requirements are intended to apply mainly to those persons performing and certifying maintenance. With the exception of a minimum regulatory knowledge of their responsibilities, it is not intended that the thrust of the training be aimed at personnel whose functions are limited to management.

(3) Human factors training shall include instruction in:

(a) human performance;

(B) factors influencing human error, including:

(i) fatigue;

(ii) stress;

(iii) assertiveness;

(iv) awareness;

(v) resources;

(vi) knowledge;

(vii) team work;

(viii) norms (commonly accepted standards and procedures);

(ix) complacency;

(x) pressure;

(xi) distraction; and

(xii) communication;

© error management, including error prevention and error containment.

The reference to the classroom, two days training, etc used to be in Airworthiness Notice B058, which has been cancelled. The only reference I can find is the same quoted by AME206350, which is current. I spoke to TC as well, and CARs Regulation 573.06, referencing the requirements of CARs Standard 573.06 apply.

It would appear then, that there is no regulation which would impose the duration, location (classroom), or structure; as long as the training program adequately covers the requirements laid out in the Standard, as posted by AME206350.

Should be able to run with that one eh? :D

The reference to the classroom, two days training, etc used to be in Airworthiness Notice B058, which has been cancelled. The only reference I can find is the same quoted by AME206350, which is current. I spoke to TC as well, and CARs Regulation 573.06, referencing the requirements of CARs Standard 573.06 apply.

It would appear then, that there is no regulation which would impose the duration, location (classroom), or structure; as long as the training program adequately covers the requirements laid out in the Standard, as posted by AME206350.

Should be able to run with that one eh? :D

Appreciate the info guys, Thank You.