Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Finding Helicopter Fuel Burn Rates

:lol: Yeah....you should see the arms on our engineers !!!! :lol:

Reminds me of wobble pumping a 47C on Ellesmere Island more than a few years ago...15 drums and a very sore arm later -- although everyone pitched in to pump, I recall the lowly FO doing most of the work while the loadie and engineer "complimented" me on my pumping style... :(

Reminds me of wobble pumping a 47C on Ellesmere Island more than a few years ago...15 drums and a very sore arm later -- although everyone pitched in to pump, I recall the lowly FO doing most of the work while the loadie and engineer "complimented" me on my pumping style... :(

Gotta love a team effort !! ;)

On the AS350B2, we use 40gal/hr or about 200 liter/hour. (About 1 drum.)

Personal experience.

A B2 is more like 170 litres per hour, the B3 is 200 litres per hour. However you really need to be pulling to burn that much, bucketing 5 minute turns in a B3, bairly burn 200 litres an hour. I guess you are making money on your fuel rates!

good'ol 2 x 6 and the 500, 25 gal an hour seems to work very well.

Never have come up short with these numbers.

In the MD500E Performance Specifications (http://www.mdhelicopters.com/helicopters/p...cifications.pdf), one can read 64 gallons, 403 lbs in standard tank. This translates to 6,3 lbs per gallon. One can read (or calculate) best range fuel flow 29 gph, for the C20B engine.

Am I correct to assume that when the fuel is lighter, the fuel flow is higher in volume, but the same in weight? Are differences between jet fuels the reason for all these different gph figures?