Laptop Falls From Helicopter

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw somebody drop an ambulance once at the nova gold project...wasn't me

I seen pictures of that one. It was hardly recognizable.

_

Back in '89 The day of the company Christmas party, I saw a complete M/R head w/ stab-bar (212) fall from the height of the mast... just as it was slightly outboard of the roof. The stab bar was not clear, however, and neither was the horizontal stab. The DOM was barely out from under it as well.

To add insult to injury, the whole machine and crew working on it, were outside in the snow, cold and wind. Sitting on the hangar floor inside was a brand new electric chain hoist ready to be installed.

________

Of course there was the 'operator' from Ft Nelson/Springbank who tried to use a backhoe as a crane. I really helps if you know how to operate one properly. Anybody hazard a guess how much downward force is generated by a backhoe boom and bucket in free-fall? And how much a 206 main rotor head and blades can do to resist that downward force when the two meet?

The answer is a LOT less than it cost to rent a hiab.

________

Ok, one of mine..... there is a really nice expensive Swiss Army wrist watch in the poop-lagoon in Paint Lake MB. I barely had it a week.

Back in '89 The day of the company Christmas party, I saw a complete M/R head w/ stab-bar (212) fall from the height of the mast... just as it was slightly outboard of the roof. The stab bar was not clear, however, and neither was the horizontal stab. The DOM was barely out from under it as well.

Henceforth it was renamed the "Death Hoist"

Motorola hand held FM radio in the Columbia River north of the Bigmouth Airstrip. thats what happens when the pilot leaves the radio on the ski basket while refueling.

The cops brought a makita drill back to the hanger after it was found in an industrial yard along Barlow trail in YYC. Engineer left it on the roof of the machine and the pilot missed it when he went up and dueled the engineers work. Missed the t/r as it plummeted earthward

Henceforth it was renamed the "Death Hoist"

Motorola hand held FM radio in the Columbia River north of the Bigmouth Airstrip. thats what happens when the pilot leaves the radio on the ski basket while refueling.

The cops brought a makita drill back to the hanger after it was found in an industrial yard along Barlow trail in YYC. Engineer left it on the roof of the machine and the pilot missed it when he went up and dueled the engineers work. Missed the t/r as it plummeted earthward

You were around back in the days of the 'death hoist'?

How about a 206 trany that dropped 5 feet and smashed into john fleshers kneecap...he was not a happy camper for the next 2 months...knee swelled up the size of a watermelon :rolleyes:also saw a roll of paper towell that was left on the roof of a jetbox roll inbetween the exhaust stacks and just missed the tailrotor...