Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Laptop Falls From Helicopter

Did it survive?

Yup. It was small point n shoot in a Lowe Pro case and it landed in a soft spot.

(Years ago, I dropped a SLR off of a cliff. I watched it drop 40' then bounce off a grassy ledge and disappear outta sight. We found it about 300' feet down from where I dropped it and only the $12 filter was broken. Lowe Pro - worth the money.)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to know someone was getting fired when we heard the sound of a C30 hitting the floor at a certain Engine shop back in the day. The only thing I ever was lost was a bit of self respect at the Sumas Inn in Port Alberni.

We used to know someone was getting fired when we heard the sound of a C30 hitting the floor at a certain Engine shop back in the day. The only thing I ever was lost was a bit of self respect at the Sumas Inn in Port Alberni.

Aft sliding passenger door of a 204 into a lake close to Paint Lake (Thompson, MB). Salvaged it from the bottom of the lake. Only a scratch on the window...... :D

The left trany cowling from a 204...went thru main rotor blades doing some serious damage to one of them...never was found...somewhere near grand rapids manitoba...I was not in the machine at the time but I got a real good look at the blade :rolleyes:

Well, 'nuff of the small stuff! :D How 'bout the time in China that NMH dropped a complete 205 from 'on high' to the dock. One toasted Bell!! Yahoo!! You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

P.S. Sweetie and I are immigrating to Melfort, Sakatchewan on Monday. Had enough of the tree huggers, taxes and turbine politics in B.C. Any advice for me?? Now, now, keep it nice. :D:D

John Nixon

Well, 'nuff of the small stuff! :D How 'bout the time in China that NMH dropped a complete 205 from 'on high' to the dock. One toasted Bell!! Yahoo!! You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

P.S. Sweetie and I are immigrating to Melfort, Sakatchewan on Monday. Had enough of the tree huggers, taxes and turbine politics in B.C. Any advice for me?? Now, now, keep it nice. :D:D

John Nixon

Sell your place in PR ok?

You can always tell someone from Sask. as they will cup the flame lighting a smoke indoors! :D

Good luck and safe move,

Max

Funny you should say that Max. I am proud to say that after 48 years of the habit I am smoke free for four months so far. I have gained SEVERAL pounds. Sure hope I can hold out, as it's tough going.

John Nixon

Funny you should say that Max. I am proud to say that after 48 years of the habit I am smoke free for four months so far. I have gained SEVERAL pounds. Sure hope I can hold out, as it's tough going.

John Nixon

Good news on the smoking front, J, I am doing well in that regard too. Now i have more money for junk food and beer. I out-grew 3 sizes of jeans this winter. not good

Good luck in Sask. I will look you up if In that neck of the woods. We can swap stories of our Fav eng, at team yellow... E.H.

all the best.