Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

U.s Flight Schools In Canada

Full On

Mark, I am working towards my commercial license but am not instructing. I can take passengers because of my FAA private licence held. In the USA system you must get your private license first. Then you get more experience with a simpler exam and flight test. When my commercial flight test time comes up, I will have already been through most of it with my private exam, 3 hr oral, and flight test. What a great stepping stone in the knowledge ladder. Also all of my time solo, with passenger or with an instructor is considered PIC time not dual. When done, I come out with 150hrs. Thats 1.5 times the canadian miniumum and about 100hrs of that are PIC!. More hours is a good thing in getting a job!

Also, one must be checked out on the rental aircraft. A couple of hrs will probably do with one of the super instructors depending on competency and safety of course, or less if you have time on type. If anyone has concerns about thier recency or to build hrs, the rental is an excellent opportunity to fly inexpensively.

All pilots have a license already and are rated competent by the training facility trained in and also by the transport Canada exams. They can fly. They do not require type endorsments - all FAA licenses cover all helicopters 12,500lbs and under - single engine or double, turbine, twin rotor or notar etc. Type endorsments can be obtained there but there is really no need to do recurrent training or ongoing building of hours. More types of aircraft makes for better experience. My training included the mountains/confines/ pinnicles/cliffs etc most of the time - thats what they do - thats what they train. It's not and add-on course - it's included! Check out the cheif pilots book - Dave Hoerner - Advanced Mountain Flying Techniques on the web . All instructors are instructed by him!!!!I have time as well with him -what a bonus! Anyone can get time with him and learn from one of the best. He will be here Wed next week - come in and see him and ask all the questions or call and talk to him at:

Red Eagle Aviation

Helicopter Flight training

403-266-6837

Springbank airport

He is pretty busy flying but will return your call inbetween if he can't take your call directly. They are always willing to answer questions and invite you into the lounge for a coffee!

Then you get more experience with a simpler exam and flight test.

yup...easier makes better pilots for sure :rolleyes:

They do not require type endorsments - all FAA licenses cover all helicopters 12,500lbs and under - single engine or double, turbine, twin rotor or notar etc. Type endorsments can be obtained there but there is really no need to do recurrent training

yyyyaaaa everyone jump in the 212 and watch me start it in manual.......wwwweeeeeee kkaaa bboooooommmm

crap....let me try the other engine.....

<_<

Twinnie, did ya forget that this is a forum??? Don't expect us to absorb that crap without feedback good or bad. Sure will let him post, but don't expect a bunch of industry pilots and engineers to follow like sheep. Do you think its a great idea to have some newly licensed private pilot rent a helicopter out of a busy, high elevation airport on the lee side of the rocks? Its #### ridiculous... Think of the risk to body, equipment and insurance rates.

Guy:

What an absolute gong show! So you went to the states and trained, and you THINK you got the greatest training around??? How could you, with all your intelect and experience even know if you got good training or not. Everybody knows the differences between FAA Trainning and CAN Training. Oh my god, you landed on gravel bars? well ready to put on the line and go to work in the rocks then I guess

I am appauled that you and your FAA Red whatever it's called is attempting to set up shop in springbank, I give you absolutly no support what-so-ever....go away.

I think Guy should keep posting! it is great advertisment for the whatever it's called!

So what's the difference between a 100hr+ pilot renting and doing circuts around springbank(faa dude) and a fresh 100hr guy flying global one or tours around the icefields or Kananaskis?

I'm a dreamer and hoping to do the pilot thing one day. Due to the lack of funds it may be a dream for sometime. It doesn't help that this board seems to have some of the most crusty and unsupportive guys around.

Someone shouldn't get slammed so bad for trying to make a dream come alive. Surely all yanky pilots aren't that bad.

Stop the chatter. If the school is that bad, things should sort there way out.