Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell Uh-1 Super B

7 hours ago, Kitchen said:

HTSC in Carp Ontario has one,  it has a -13 and a Cobra head and Blades. It is a monster but is in the Restricted Category. She sits in the Hanger it moves once in a blue moon. 

Yes saw it in the hangar 2 or 3 years ago.I believe the plan was to use it for training, cheaper on maintenance than your regular certified medium.  CT

On 4/30/2010 at 7:02 PM, Guest jacdor said:

I am thinking that you might be refering to the Bell 214B which looks like a huey, sounds like a huey and I did hear here and there the 214B being called the super B

Is it possible that it could be the one you are talking about?

There is also the Bell 205B which is basicaly a huey11 only 3 made I believe built on a twin huey airframe and components but with one engine T53-17

JD

The 205B was a modified Bell 205A-1.  Bell had an SB for the conversion but only 4 were ever built.  2 in Canada still flying S/N 30188 and 30297.

The Bell 210 ( pretty much same at Huey 2 and 205B) was built off UH-1H airframes zero timed and civilian certified.  Bell again only built 4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a bit off track...but...I buddy of mine who went thru Canadore said he was in Dallas at Bell getting a 212 wrenching check out when he was asked if he wanted a 214B check out and a job in Iran...which he took them up on...this was in 1975. What he told me was very interesting.