Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Banff Or Whistler For Conference

Where To Hold The Conference  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi HV, still a bit early to know but of course I'm planning to go, actually my wife is already improving her English, and I'm saving money to go there.

I seriously think it could be a great occasion to meet and learn many things and from many people.

If Ned is behind it all I bet it will be TOP QUALITY and as far as I know he is putting a lot of effort and some more on this meetting.

P.D. Where are you know. Left in a hurry or what??? :up:

Good to hear you're thinking seriously about it anyway... as for leaving early, well the guys I was travelling with were definitely in a hurry. I was still doing up my paperwork with the blades just winding down... and they had the car loaded with their stuff and were waiting for me... and I landed first!

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I am scheduled to go back to work on the 25th of October... and that may be moved up a bit... so I needed to get home and get some stuff done... the list is very long and time is very short... I'm planning on giving you a call in a couple of days though...

Take care and thanks for everything,

HV

P.S. Here's a picture taken the night before we left... the fog came in less than 5 minutes... I was worried for the morning departure, but it was beautiful...

The base where you were stationed it closes allways one of the firsts in the season due to this type of weather. We still fighting fires and enjoying mountain SAR training. I'll keep you informed on how things go around here. Take care.

P.D. Did you ever meet Carmen?? :P

Buen vuelo

• 1 month later...