Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Rocky Mountain Helicopters

Thanks for the Okanagan Pictures! I would book a week of heliskiing if there would be a 214... There are some pictures on the Blacktusk Website showing the 214 in Heliski Operation... Is it true that Alpine used their 214 for Heliskiing? It was Number 28007, C-GBHH. Would be nice to have some more information about that one...

Thanks for the Okanagan Pictures! I would book a week of heliskiing if there would be a 214... There are some pictures on the Blacktusk Website showing the 214 in Heliski Operation... Is it true that Alpine used their 214 for Heliskiing? It was Number 28007, C-GBHH. Would be nice to have some more information about that one...

Alpine did heli-ski with their 214.

• 2 weeks later...
Bell214 that is s/n 28024 N214R while owned by Chet Rasberry Inc (CRI) of Apple Valley California. Later owned and crashed by Black Tusk as C-FVJE in about 1996.

Quasar operated two of them for years Helisking.setting all the hydro towers up around Squamish,Misery creek and also worked in Tuk hauling Gabions. VXA and VXC.

RMH created most of their own demise info from a friend who was on one of their last accidents when they were logging, the A/C had about half fuel onboard and when they recovered the log that had been slung off the mountain (sling shot style) and had fallen about 2000ft down the side of the hill breaking up as the log tumbled the primary log weighted in with the ship wt. 19300. You do the math 3300 O/G

Quasar's other 214B was working over the hill in Blue River for Weigele I think.

I recall that Quasar even used their 214ST for skiing at one stage.

The wheels were removed and it had skids attached.

It is a two-pilot ship, so the guide had to ride in the back with the guests.

Also, there was no ski-basket for it, so the back row of seats were removed and a wooden box was built and the skis were put into there.

(Aaaaah, the good-old-days before STC approvals and fire-proof materials !!!)