Would You....

So today at our St. Lazare municipal airport, they had aircraft on display, including a couple of heli's ....but mostly fixed wing. So I checked it out with the kids.

Two jet Rangers and a Schweitzer on static display. But they also had an R-44 and an Enstrom (eep!)doing helicopter tours (for $50 a head!)

My kids DESPERATELY wanted to do it. But besides the fact that i didn't have $150 in cash on me.....I gotta say I was a little wary of the whole thing.....especially the Enstrom. I saw him come in to land....and his hovering was a little wobbly. I just checked the reg on the aircraft. And it's just some guy....obviously a rich guy who lives in the area.

The R-44 was from a school or something.

But people were lined up to get up in the air (understandably). But knowing what I know....even if I'd had the cash on me, I'm not sure I'd let my kids go up with an operation like that.

It's about a step removed from those wobbly-*** carnival rides they set up in mall parking lots!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm that actually hadn't occurred to me. Now of course it's possible that he was doing it out of the goodness of his heart. and the $50/head he was raising was going to charity or something.

But something else I only just noticed upon closer inspection was this:

the reg on the R-44 was C-GQVE

Which according to http://wwwapps2.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/cca...quicksearch.asp

"Quebec Victor Echo" is saying that it's canceled.....unless I'm misinterpreting what it's saying?

post-4651-1276473141_thumb.jpg

post-4651-1276473164_thumb.jpg

"Ye Gads, Sherlock, I think you're onto something. Let's call Lestrade and he'll have those fishy blighters in manacles in an instant!"

Good thing you had the "Don't have enough money" excuse close at hand to placate the kids...

Dick

"Ye Gads, Sherlock, I think you're onto something. Let's call Lestrade and he'll have those fishy blighters in manacles in an instant!"

Good thing you had the "Don't have enough money" excuse close at hand to placate the kids...

Dick

You talk funny, boy....

Blackmail, that balls already rolling by putting it on here.....

How effective is blackmail when all of your info is public?

Regardless of what's probably a couple of clerical errors, the fact that they were landing tail towards the passengers, who were largely unfamiliar with a helicopter....and were approaching the aircraft with rotors turning...that doesn't seem off to anyone? Come on...don't tell me that a few of you "safety nerds" (cough cough) are cool with that.....