Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Would You....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil

Little off subject, but mt brother in law just bought your book and I had a look too. :up: Really makes things much easier to understand as well as all round great information. Anybody learning about helicopters should get a copy. Well done Phil and worth every penny.

I would not get in a machine with just anybody. Passengers approaching from behind just says to me that the operators are not very experienced. A well known operator that gives rides in 44s at the the Lethbridge airshow knows how it's done. They are very efficient at loading and unloading px, with 2-3 machines in the air all day. I went for a 15 minute ride with a lowtimer 2 years ago. It as 30 degrees and with 4 px in the machine I was a little leary at first but the flying was top notch.

Mark

Don't all helo operators conducting sightseeing/famil rides commercially with paying passengers need an AOC, and comply with CAR Subpart 703/Std723? Emplaing/deplaning towards the t/r would be an indicator to me to do a 180 with the kids to go get ice cream and do something else.

Regards

AV8

Like I said, this was not a "site seeing operation". This was a couple of privately owned machines (the Enstrom just some local guy). You pays yer moeny, you takes yer chances... it appeared to me anyway.

I think referring to them as "tour operators" would be rather generous. This was a temporary (one day) set up. I have no doubt everyone only had the best of intentions. But...the road to **** and all that.........