Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Would You....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So let me get this straight, you have made all these assumptions from standing at the fence?

You mean the assumption that were easily observed by the naked eye?

Look I know you and a few others here will disagree with me purely for the sake of disagreeing with me....which is perfectly fine. Everyone needs a hobby. (I don't like the olympics! Get over it!)

But my original point was, if "you" walked into some aircraft expo or state fair or whatever, where they've got two guys offering rides.... You have NO idea who they are. They are obviously not official tour operators....and they are having their passengers approach from the rear of the machine, WITH ROTORS TURNING.....based on those observations alone, would YOU hop on board?

Reading comprehension is an amazing thing.

So let me get this straight, you have made all these assumptions from standing at the fence?

Assumptions?

MMike went as far as to research registrations and noticed what appeared to be: a) a canceled registration, and b ) a private owner (you can't have a commercial AOC with a private machine).

If the TC database is providing this information, I'd hardly call that an assumption.

Regards

AV8

MMike.

From what you have said I would not go near them, nor would I let anyone I care about go near them.

You are obviously concerned about what was happening, and I would suggest you take your concern to the local police. Go down to the police, explain what you saw, what you researched, and your concern about public safety and let them do an investagation, after all, that is their job.

I would hate to think how you would feel if you picked up tomorrows paper and read about some one who was struck by a tail rotor at the next county fair/ flyin by one of these guys and died or was horribly injured and you might have been able to prevent it.

It,s not a popular choice, and no doubt some knob will spout off about going to the cops, but the days of cowboying about are long gone and if these guys are operating illegally, they need to be stopped.

If they are legal and above board, then it still sounds to me like they need to review their saftey proceedures, and a visit by a concerned cop might just do the trick.

Happy 4th of July, and trust your gut feelings!

MMike.

From what you have said I would not go near them, nor would I let anyone I care about go near them.

You are obviously concerned about what was happening, and I would suggest you take your concern to the local police. Go down to the police, explain what you saw, what you researched, and your concern about public safety and let them do an investagation, after all, that is their job.

I would hate to think how you would feel if you picked up tomorrows paper and read about some one who was struck by a tail rotor at the next county fair/ flyin by one of these guys and died or was horribly injured and you might have been able to prevent it.

It,s not a popular choice, and no doubt some knob will spout off about going to the cops, but the days of cowboying about are long gone and if these guys are operating illegally, they need to be stopped.

If they are legal and above board, then it still sounds to me like they need to review their saftey proceedures, and a visit by a concerned cop might just do the trick.

Happy 4th of July, and trust your gut feelings!

If this were a "traveling show".....I'd be more vocal. This is a once a year local event at the municipal airport. That said however, I did just write a delicately worded email to the "general info" email address for the airport. I can only assume that someone will read it. If I don't hear anything back in the next little while, I may escalate it. But like I said, this isn't a bunch of "Carnies" going from town to town. The private guy with the Enstrom lives in the area...(according to Transport Canada)

MMike,

Pick up the phone and dial 1-800-tips, or a similar type of anomynous hotline, express your concerns to the people who are paid to protect public safety, and let them follow it up.

If your concerned enough to bring it up here, then be concerned enough to have a professional follow it up.

They maybe totally legit, and hopefully are, but are obviously lacking in safety procedures and they should be reveiwed by a competant person.

If they are operating illegally, with or without best intent, they should be stopped, untill they can comply, like all the rest of us do.

Plain and simple.

well at least they replied same day

Dear MMike

Thank you for your comments. I will pass them onto the flying club

president for their records. Each year we hold a de-briefing meeting and

comments such as yours are very helpful so that we can take the appropriate

precautions the following year as the public's safety is of paramount

importance to us. We look forward to having you attend the event in 2011.

Best regards,