Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

E&b Helicopters

duf

Twinstar ----thank you.

Peeshooter ------- there is an experience in this business that you may possibly have one day. It will not be enjoyable, but will "bring you down a few pegs" and allow you to join the fellowhip of "normal" pilots. That experience that I speak of is walking into the company coffee room some days after it has been your turn to make a "mistake" of some notable description. There is a dessert served on that occasion also, to go with your coffee.......it's called "Humble Pie" and you get to enjoy it while you notice the numerous smirks around the room. You can negate those smirks on that day, by not pointing out other pilots' "mistakes" when you have made none YET of your own. If you do this thing, you can expect nothing will be made of your "mistake" by those present that have made their own.....for they will understand. They will also be in the majority in most coffee rooms and the other ones will be those in waiting to be served "Humble Pie" themselves. All coffee rooms have this "pie" and also most tables in pubs where you might join a group of pilots or engineers. Engineers are familiar with this "pie" also by the way. This comes from someone who has been in this business longer than you are old.......and just consider it friendly advice to yourself and others that "thrive" on other pilots' "mistakes". An opology on this open forum would suffice and be a step towards realizing that on this occasion it was you that made the "mistake" and that you are aware of it. 'Nuff said.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap for the record I have eaten my share of Humble pie and have lived through 2 decels, and a miriad of other operational blunders.

All these great instructors, and there are a few. But by no means is everybody great.

The best thing an instructor can teach a student besides flying is how to cope with BS of this business and all the dirty little lies that companies dole out.

I really wish I had such a positive attitude about this business as you but I have yet to find an operator ( well may be 1 or 2 ) that are a pleasure to work for. I am a product of my environement.

I find it super annoying that there is this need supress the obvious. I'ts a cut throat business where the employees are walked all over.

Cheers

PS

I find it super annoying that there is this need supress the obvious. I'ts a cut throat business where the employees are walked all over.

Of course it is. Being a pilot is the best job in the world. Too many people want to do it. Competition is fierce. The laws of supply & demand apply in this industry as they do everywhere else.

I only have my big toe in the door so far, and I'm not bitching because I know most guys with my level of experience (155 hs TT) don't even have that. At 1500 hrs, you're laughin' PS. I know that the Allard group pays 50-60k a year for pilots with your time, and people say they're the cheapest...

In my current line of work, I have people banging on my door asking for my services, but I've grown to hate what I do.

If you're so unhappy with this industry, go back to school and learn a skillset that is so rare and sought after that employers will grovel at your feet, bring you coffee in the morning, etc. If you don't enjoy what you're doing, you'll soon miss what you had before...

Don't get me wrong PS, I don't know you, but you seem to be a very small minority here.

Who was it the other day said "you're a pilot, soak it up !" AMEN !

Skidz

I think you miss the point. I love the job, I love the customers,I love the flying. What I cannot stand are the people who make it miserable with over inflated egos, false promisses and all round BS.

It should be a healthy experience, to discuss ideas, differences of opinions, unfortunately this is not a redeaming element of this industry, as ego's get in the way and the backdoor knife comes out often.

Believe me skidz you are only begining and I hope and I mean it sincerely when I say If you are a person who has an idea or stands on a straight set of morals about right and wrong, like "not lying, being honest, or being a gentleman" .it's not the business for you.

Yet we have at the same time a bunch , some but not all, but the majority who profess the opposite and live in a constant state of "yes man denial " mentality.

As someone stated on another thread, you can make alot of money in pig farming too, but its a matter of how much you are willing to put up with.

The same thing goes with 412 saying his students are getting hired but won't talk numbers, why? because it's deception. Who? when? how many?

I'm sorry but I don't believe a word of it. Any industry that has to rely on a stupid saying like" no guarentees! well you gota wonder.

Best of luck and keep your head down.

Cheers

PS