Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

206b Fixed Floats

200 lbs...I think...gross weight goes from 3200 down to 3000...been 15 years since I did the float thingy...did a lot of sediment sampling back in the late 80's and early 90's...had all the fuel/passenger loading for times and distance...might still have it somewhere :P

200 lbs...I think...gross weight goes from 3200 down to 3000...been 15 years since I did the float thingy...did a lot of sediment sampling back in the late 80's and early 90's...had all the fuel/passenger loading for times and distance...might still have it somewhere :P

Internal gross drops to 3000 lbs - external stays at 3350.

well you might get lucky and the engineers may have done a W&B amendment with floats on , but 200 lbs does sound close since your gross goes to 3000lbs

remember to adjust your pressure in floats through out the day , its normal to put it up in the morning and let out in the afternoon . vne and starts watch for the spin till t/r is up to speed . dont push the limits on the hovering still attached to the water , the toes of the floats could dig in and you could have a bad day . oopppps

other than that have fun , bags are tons of fun !!!!!!!!!!!!

Kit # 206-706-008-13 adds 108.4 LBS @ 129" and kit # 206-706-008-11 adds 175.5 LBS @ 119.6" as per service instruction 206-26.

A visual difference between the 2 installations are caps on the longitudinal tubes - the -11 kit has domed/rounded caps and the -13 has flat/flush caps.

In the process and less the wieght of the AI High gear the increasse in wieght is 78lbs.+- Some of the clamps the older ones can wiegh a few ounces more each.

The decrease in Gross does go to 3000 due to the strenght of the cross tube and bags. External no change.

P5