G8/g20 Police Helicopters?

So, news today that the cops couldn't track some thugs shootin off their little guns in downtown t.o., lost them in etobicoke. When will the city realise they need air support? Even if it's just for the summit meetings, let's do some math.

4 light/intermediate turbine helicopters with an ir system @ 3,000,000 per = 12,000,000

operational cost including tfo's and pilot @3000/hr x 336hrs(14days) = 1,008,000

--------------------

rounded up for good measure $15,000,000 for two weeks of round the clock air support, just over 1% of the whole security budget. That, in my mind, would be appropriate use of funds. But these idiots let some gangbangers get away from downtown to etobicoke? how long would that take? Hopefully they were just some punks and not some organized terrorist group probing the security measures.

Maybe one day the city will get a real police helicopter to help control the rising crime rates, they are a proven and effective tool and I dare you to find me a city with a population of over one million people that doesn't have it's own air unit. Even 2 police R44's would be better than the current situation and I do not endorse robinson products. It just annoys me that the gov spent over a billion on this b.s. and it obviously wasn't worth it.

P.S. feel free to insert your own =priceless joke, i can't be bothered.

• 3 months later...
So, news today that the cops couldn't track some thugs shootin off their little guns in downtown t.o., lost them in etobicoke. When will the city realise they need air support? Even if it's just for the summit meetings, let's do some math.

4 light/intermediate turbine helicopters with an ir system @ 3,000,000 per = 12,000,000

operational cost including tfo's and pilot @3000/hr x 336hrs(14days) = 1,008,000

--------------------

rounded up for good measure $15,000,000 for two weeks of round the clock air support, just over 1% of the whole security budget. That, in my mind, would be appropriate use of funds. But these idiots let some gangbangers get away from downtown to etobicoke? how long would that take? Hopefully they were just some punks and not some organized terrorist group probing the security measures.

Maybe one day the city will get a real police helicopter to help control the rising crime rates, they are a proven and effective tool and I dare you to find me a city with a population of over one million people that doesn't have it's own air unit. Even 2 police R44's would be better than the current situation and I do not endorse robinson products. It just annoys me that the gov spent over a billion on this b.s. and it obviously wasn't worth it.

P.S. feel free to insert your own =priceless joke, i can't be bothered.

And for your information, all us cops are this paranoid.

Signed,

Officer Bubbles