Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chl Payscale

WTF

...how do you compare?

TO: CHL EMS Pilots and Engineers

As you must know, it is Canadian Helicopters policy to update our compensation policies on May 1st each year. This year, however, the process was delayed due to a number of factors, some of which were out of our control (such as our flight paramedics choosing to be represented by a trade union).

We also took some time to re-evaluate elements of our compensation structure that were brought up by pilots and AMEs during our base visits in May and June, which deserved thorough examination.

Even though all increases apply retroactively to May 1, 2004, we apologize for the inconvenience.

1. Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AMEs) and Apprentices

• Base salary and AME allowance are both increased by 2.5%, as per the following schedule:

AME's (Monthly)

2003 2004

Level A 2 091 2 143

Level B 2 326 2 384

Level C 2 591 2 656

Level D 2 856 2 927

Level E 3 121 3 199

1 3 397 3 482

2 3 478 3 565

3 3 560 3 649

4 3 641 3 732

5 3 733 3 826

6 3 902 4 000

7 4 074 4 176

8 4 255 4 361

9 4 438 4 549

10 4 622 4 738

• Licensed AME’s with signing authority on type receive a monthly allowance of $1,098 (from $1,071). Licensed AME’s without signing authority on type receive a monthly allowance of $549 (from $535,50).

2. Captains

• Base salary and Captain allowance are both increased by 2.5%, as per the following schedule:

2003 2004

1 3 397 3 482

2 3 478 3 565

3 3 560 3 649

4 3 641 3 732

5 3 733 3 826

6 3 902 4 000

7 4 074 4 176

8 4 255 4 361

9 4 438 4 549

10 4 622 4 738

• Captain allowance is increased to $1,605 per month (from $1,566)

3. Co-Pilots

During our base visits, co-pilot compensation was the subject of a number of comments and observations from co-pilots themselves, as well as a sizeable number of their co-workers. We carefully examined suggestions that were made, keeping in mind the necessity of not driving ourselves out of the EMS compensation market in Canada.

As a result of this exercise, the following changes are made.

• Levels C, D and E of the pay scale are abolished. Other levels are increased by 2,5% and co-pilot allowance is increased by 9%, as per the following schedule:

2003 2004

C 1 632 Abolished

D 1 836 Abolished

E 2 040 Abolished

1 2 193 2 248

2 2 407 2 467

3 2 560 2 624

4 2 734 2 802

5 2 887 2 959

6 3 019 3 094

7 3 131 3 209

8 3 223 3 304

9 3 315 3 398

10 3 397 3 482

• Co-pilot allowance is increased to $700 per month (from $643)

• As a result of further discussions with employees, Level 1 cap on the Captain pay scale for Captain-Qualified co-pilots is abolished, allowing them to progress to Levels 2 and higher after 12 months. For the transition period, the increase will be effective after 12 months of captaincy qualification of May 1, 2004, whichever comes later. In other words, all co-pilots with 12 months or more of captain qualification as of May 1st, will move up to level 2 of the captain pay scale retroactive to May 1st.

Based on the information we have, this should resolve a major irritant for captain-qualified co-pilots, and should make captain qualification even more attractive to co-pilots.

In our opinion, these increases further establish CHL EMS’ as an industry leader in the matter of compensation.

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need additional information.

Vice President, Human Resources

....and not far behind Gulf Helicopters.

Actual CHL memo. Time to look for another job I think.

Oh! to be ABSOLUTELY clear, this is CHL EMS. Dear lord....

To all EMS Pilots:

Recently, the question was raised about the use of white tie wraps on c/bs by maintenance for disabling an electrical system. In the past, white tie wraps caused some confusion when checking for any c/bs which may have popped. We asked Maintenance last year to switch to black tie wraps, if possible, when it came to c/bs. This has been the policy since then.

There may be occasions when stock is low and the AMEs have to use white tie wraps. This is acceptable for the short term. However, when black tie wraps become available, they should replace the white ones. White tie wraps should not become a permanent fixture on a circuit breaker panel for the reason mentioned above.

Thanks

Senior EMS Pilot

.....ahha ahahahah ahahahaha ahahahah ... I think I am going to be sick. ;)

Perhaps you should look for a new job --------------PROFESSIONAL IDIOT :up:

Hmmmmmm...

P-IC joined September 19th and so did John Ralph. I think I detect a little "ghost writing" here... Amazing considering Mr. Ralph's fine talk about people feeling safe to say anything behind a pseudonym...

I could be wrong I guess... I don't have a degree! :D

HV

BLAH , BLAH , BLAH ; The intelligence of the author is one thing , the intelligence of the group its addressed to is another question .

Also , anyone who would post thier co memos on a public forum deserves the opportunity to look for a new job ! Real smart! :up:

If it bothers u that much, just leave ! :prop:

P-IC wrote

The intelligence of the author is one thing , the intelligence of the group its addressed to is another question

Are you actually saying that the group's intelligence...the CHL EMS crews that it's addressed to....is in question?

I suspect that the CHL EMS crews are for the most part, highly intelligent people, and do not like to be insulted with poorly written trivial memos like that.

P-IC, you are sounding a lot like a CHL manager now !

I don't know who this P-IC is but let it be known that it's certainly not the same as yours truly! He/she sure could have tried a little harder to come up with an original name... And I won't bother to comment on his previous posts, it's certainly not worth the effort.

PIC

Harmonic Vibe, very interesting observation...................hmmmmmmm.

I see TACHBOX has also just joined (to write in defence of jwsralph, coincidentally. He and jwsralph seem to make the same spelling errors, too).

A search of the 50 most recent members to join this site shows that only 4 members used capital letters for their name..............

P-IC

JWSRALPH

TACHBOX

and guess who was the other.......

PRCCL, the Pilots Resource Corporate Culture Listing. (remember that doozie ??)

The database also lists these members as all living in the same time zone.

Either there are some strange co-incidences here, or one strange member, or maybe we are just not accepting what we are being told........that our industry really is overflowing with crazed, illiterate and uneducated degenerates and heading down the tubes !!

Somehow, I don't think that's the case. Something smells fishy !!

If these authors are really seperate individuals, then I sincerely apologise and offer a full retraction.

P.S. hi, to the real PIC, good to see you back here again.