Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Layoffs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that a shortage of work or an overage on helicopters and pricey hangars?

BC isn't gaining a lot of respect due to the silver spoon syndrome and a overtly arrogant push to develop new bases.

(can you say "non-rev?")

WC is definately feeling the effects of the slowdown....tough go when you build several million $'s worth of new hangars and the shite hits the fan.

Maybe some common sense will be required. Or....more cash may be heading southbound via the drain.

+1

Proclaiming the layoffs a 'cull' is pretty big assumption, and is not fair to those who got victimized by a shortage of work. Making that assumption on a public forum is especially ignorant.

JEEZ Mobil 254. How fricking long have you been in this world!!!

Get your head out of your arse Sonny-Boy!! READ the post for Fu-k sake!!

(Could just be a "Cull". It happens. ) Nobody 'proclaimed' nothing!!! "Victimized" by a shortage of work?? What a crock of shyte!! The whole world is a "victim" according to most people today. Jeez some of you clowns p-ss me off with your sense of entitlement.

You would be stunned to realize how many "CULLS" happen in the real world under the guise of "layoffs". If you are working in a non-union enviorment (as most of you are) the 'company' is at liberty to toss whoever they want. You have no recourse. Suck it up Buttercup! Time to smarten up Mobil 254!! Life is not fair. Just because you were dumb enough to plunk down $60,000 (or so) does NOT entitle you to a job in this industry!!! And if you do not "FIT" into the companys idea of a perfect employee, well, so be it. I love the saying "He walks though life pushing on doors clearly marked PULL".

John Nixon

What could the flight schools POSSIBLY have to gain by telling their students that?

Let's see...

• more students
  • more revenue
  • more "bosses" retirement funds
  • etc

I would think (no affiliation with any school, instructors etc) that the purpose of the school is to teach students to fly. No more - no less.

I'm sure there are some that feel the need to fully enlighten their students, but the fact is that when someone comes through the door with lots of money falling out of their pockets, and wanting to learn how to fly, THAT is the function of the school.

Anything else would be like going to the gas station to fill up your car and having them tell you they can't sell you gas because to many people are driving to fast.

When the student decides he wants to learn how to fly, it should be HIS responsibility to learn of the industry, and not complain after that 'no one told me...'

While they shouldn't be led down the garden path by the school, you should know before hand if they are or not. And you know that, by knowing the industry.

Ask any pilot or engineer and they will tell you the facts of life. No axe to grind, no revenue to protect or generate, because the newbee is not going to take or threaten their job. Any of us that have been at this for any time will probably give you a pretty realistic view of the industry.

A little off topic, but responding to MMikes question...

Guest 1cloud
JEEZ Mobil 254. How fricking long have you been in this world!!!

Get your head out of your arse Sonny-Boy!! READ the post for Fu-k sake!!

(Could just be a "Cull". It happens. ) Nobody 'proclaimed' nothing!!! "Victimized" by a shortage of work?? What a crock of shyte!! The whole world is a "victim" according to most people today. Jeez some of you clowns p-ss me off with your sense of entitlement.

You would be stunned to realize how many "CULLS" happen in the real world under the guise of "layoffs". If you are working in a non-union enviorment (as most of you are) the 'company' is at liberty to toss whoever they want. You have no recourse. Suck it up Buttercup! Time to smarten up Mobil 254!! Life is not fair. Just because you were dumb enough to plunk down $60,000 (or so) does NOT entitle you to a job in this industry!!! And if you do not "FIT" into the companys idea of a perfect employee, well, so be it. I love the saying "He walks though life pushing on doors clearly marked PULL".

John Nixon

Easy Old-timer, Those blood pressure pills are by the bed. The scotch is next to the couch...

Take the hound for a drive and check the crops. :)