Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Layoffs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JEEZ Mobil 254. How fricking long have you been in this world!!!

Get your head out of your arse Sonny-Boy!! READ the post for Fu-k sake!!

(Could just be a "Cull". It happens. ) Nobody 'proclaimed' nothing!!! "Victimized" by a shortage of work?? What a crock of shyte!! The whole world is a "victim" according to most people today. Jeez some of you clowns p-ss me off with your sense of entitlement.

You would be stunned to realize how many "CULLS" happen in the real world under the guise of "layoffs". If you are working in a non-union enviorment (as most of you are) the 'company' is at liberty to toss whoever they want. You have no recourse. Suck it up Buttercup! Time to smarten up Mobil 254!! Life is not fair. Just because you were dumb enough to plunk down $60,000 (or so) does NOT entitle you to a job in this industry!!! And if you do not "FIT" into the companys idea of a perfect employee, well, so be it. I love the saying "He walks though life pushing on doors clearly marked PULL".

John Nixon

Well, you have certainly blossomed into quite the little troll around here, haven't you?

To 'suggest' that every one of these employees deserved to be let go in writing is libel. As well, you were off on a few points, so ignorance is certainly the case here.

1) You are assuming that I am a 100-hr pilot. You'd think that someone that has been around as long as you would be savvy enough to figure that a poster with a user name of 'mobil254' is more likely to be on the wrenching side. I could see the confusion if my user name was 'Ray Ban' or 'Esquire', but that is not the case.

2) You are assuming that everyone who was laid off was a low-time and/or a pilot. Again, that is not the case.

3) You are assuming that I was among the layoffs. Wrong again.

Speaking of entitlement, I don't care if you have been around long enough to have worked with Igor Sikorsky, you are not entitled to be a dick. How about setting a good example for the new guys instead.

Sounds professional. Is this explained to students before the drop 60K on a license?

Just curious.

Money does not buy employment, in most cases, just a shot at employment. Although I've heard money can buy pilots hours. My instructor outright told me to stay out of the helicopter industry unless I wanted to be an old, bitter, angry, drunk. I'm sober right now, but only because I'm out of beer. :P

A good post skidsup....well said.....and 254 had some funny stuff in there too...

I always take exception to the idea that schools should be the sole educator of a potential pilot, which I guess is why I like Skids post so much.....while I do instruct a bit in the winter and tend to be too honest with potential students for my bosses taste, the reality is that each and every college and university does the exact same thing, and in most cases is subidized by all of us who do in fact pay taxes. You think there are jobs waiting out there for all the history/philosiphy/sociology/psychology/kinesiology..... I could go on.....at no time does anyone "educate" students on the lack of jobs waiting them upon graduation. The student makes the choice, the school provides the best education they can.

No do some blow a little too much smoke....for sure....but those that think the schools should be turning students away probably also think their real estate agent works for them too....

A good post skidsup....well said.....and 254 had some funny stuff in there too...

I always take exception to the idea that schools should be the sole educator of a potential pilot, which I guess is why I like Skids post so much.....while I do instruct a bit in the winter and tend to be too honest with potential students for my bosses taste, the reality is that each and every college and university does the exact same thing, and in most cases is subidized by all of us who do in fact pay taxes. You think there are jobs waiting out there for all the history/philosiphy/sociology/psychology/kinesiology..... I could go on.....at no time does anyone "educate" students on the lack of jobs waiting them upon graduation. The student makes the choice, the school provides the best education they can.

No do some blow a little too much smoke....for sure....but those that think the schools should be turning students away probably also think their real estate agent works for them too....

I would agree with that. It's the student's decision to want to learn how to fly or weave baskets under water. It's not the school's job to say "Mmmmm....I dunno.... what will you do with this after?"

The student is paying for the service. What happens after, is not up to the school...of course they can provide some sage advice. But ultimately, the student needs to do their due diligence....

Well, you have certainly blossomed into quite the little troll around here, haven't you?

To 'suggest' that every one of these employees deserved to be let go in writing is libel. As well, you were off on a few points, so ignorance is certainly the case here.

1) You are assuming that I am a 100-hr pilot. You'd think that someone that has been around as long as you would be savvy enough to figure that a poster with a user name of 'mobil254' is more likely to be on the wrenching side. I could see the confusion if my user name was 'Ray Ban' or 'Esquire', but that is not the case.

2) You are assuming that everyone who was laid off was a low-time and/or a pilot. Again, that is not the case.

3) You are assuming that I was among the layoffs. Wrong again.

Speaking of entitlement, I don't care if you have been around long enough to have worked with Igor Sikorsky, you are not entitled to be a dick. How about setting a good example for the new guys instead.

You MAY find help here-- http://www.estronaut.com/a/treat_dysmenra.htm