Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Layoffs

+1

Splitpin marginalized himself a long, long, time ago. He offers little more than an occasionally amusing sideshow.

AR

And it will stay that way AR!! Can you see ANY reason to be serious on this site?? As soon as that happens some ahole turns it into a slinging match either through misinterpetaion, lack of common sense, or knowledge as your post and this thread clearly demonstrate. A few years ago we could run a nice civil and knowledgable thread about any area of this industry. It all started to change with posters trying to "discover their inner self" or "the meaning of life" on a helicopter website!!! "Song of the Day" WTF!! I could understand "Helicopter of the day" or better still "Chick of the Day", but that would offend the sensitive types wouldn't it?? There are very few posters on this site now that contribute anything of value to the site. All the old pros have moved on in frustration. I myself moved on for a while then returnded for entertainment purposes only. I would dearly love to know what percentage of the members of this forum are ACTUALLY involved in this industry, "actual hands on employed pilots and engineers" I would suspect less than 20%, if that!!

There should be a rule that forbids any poster from joining or posting unless proof is supplied that they are actually employed or has been employed in the industry. There are many professional websites that follow this policy and it seems to work well keeping the wannabees and "camp-followers" out.

Rant over--back to my door painting

John Nixon

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John,

It seems to me you are exactly what you're ranting about - ie. the guy who inevitably takes a thread and drags it somewhere it shouldn't be. How many times now have you posted that rant?

As you see, I rarely post here anymore, granted for many of your stated reasons - however, if you can't be part of the solution, then why bother posting at all?

AR

Ah John, your just peeved about the " Song of the Day " thing because nobody posted any Buck Owens or Stompin Tom, hard to beleive that there are still people out there that don,t like songs about shiny trucks, past romances or lost hounds. :)

So, have you decided what kinda man you are now that you,ved moved east, John Deere or Massey Ferguson, or are you one of those fence sitters who wears their John Deere cap on odd days and their Massey Ferguson cap on even days. :P

Geez, it,s almost time to turn on the wireless and listen in on swap meet, another hard rockin Sunday in Sask.! :D

I always enjoy your rants! :lol:

Ah John, your just peeved about the " Song of the Day " thing because nobody posted any Buck Owens or Stompin Tom, hard to beleive that there are still people out there that don,t like songs about shiny trucks, past romances or lost hounds. :)

Stompin' Tom is "The Man" :up: :up: I was always tempted to post 'The North Atlantic Squadron' (google it)

but could never muster up the nerve!!

So, have you decided what kinda man you are now that you,ved moved east, John Deere or Massey Ferguson, or are you one of those fence sitters who wears their John Deere cap on odd days and their Massey Ferguson cap on even days. :P

Massy Ferguson all the way. I've had enough of "John dear" to last me a lifetime!!

Geez, it,s almost time to turn on the wireless and listen in on swap meet, another hard rockin Sunday in Sask.! :D

Swap meet?? Eff that crap. The Farm Report is where it's at. Fer instance, buy Canola futures NOW. Production is WAY down (rain) and demand will be WAY up. Do the math!!

You seem to have a bit of knowledge of the Saskatchewan area. Hmmmm.

I always enjoy your rants! :lol:

Lots more to come Bud, you ain't seen nuttin yet!!

I like orange Popsicles best.

I vehemently disagree with this viewpoint! Purple are vastly superior. You sir are of questionable intellect and more that likely emit a foul and unpleasant odour. You also lack skills necessary to adequately pleasure a woman. I also would find it not at all surprising if I were to learn that while parking you use two parking spaces to accommodate only ONE motor vehicle.

Orange popsicles INDEED!! You sicken me.

And it will stay that way AR!! Can you see ANY reason to be serious on this site?? As soon as that happens some ahole turns it into a slinging match either through misinterpetaion, lack of common sense, or knowledge as your post and this thread clearly demonstrate. A few years ago we could run a nice civil and knowledgable thread about any area of this industry. It all started to change with posters trying to "discover their inner self" or "the meaning of life" on a helicopter website!!! "Song of the Day" WTF!! I could understand "Helicopter of the day" or better still "Chick of the Day", but that would offend the sensitive types wouldn't it?? There are very few posters on this site now that contribute anything of value to the site. All the old pros have moved on in frustration. I myself moved on for a while then returnded for entertainment purposes only. I would dearly love to know what percentage of the members of this forum are ACTUALLY involved in this industry, "actual hands on employed pilots and engineers" I would suspect less than 20%, if that!!

There should be a rule that forbids any poster from joining or posting unless proof is supplied that they are actually employed or has been employed in the industry. There are many professional websites that follow this policy and it seems to work well keeping the wannabees and "camp-followers" out.

Rant over--back to my door painting

John Nixon

Thankfully the chick of the day pi##ed off! As much as I wish this forum would get back to the good old days of good hard info and advice, ya gotta understand Splitty that it just aint the same gig as when we started. Our safety officer (SMS) wanted me to put a UN sticker on the deck of the base lawnmower "cause there's gas in it!

Regards,

Max

I vehemently disagree with this viewpoint! Purple are vastly superior. You sir are of questionable intellect and more that likely emit a foul and unpleasant odour. You also lack skills necessary to adequately pleasure a woman. I also would find it not at all surprising if I were to learn that while parking you use two parking spaces to accommodate only ONE motor vehicle.

Orange popsicles INDEED!! You sicken me.

As you seem to be well informed on this subject I will humbly add my two cents. Red is the only way to go since if pleasuring a woman with a popsicle is up front and center then you can go all month with red and nary a bump in the road!

Max