Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Flying Fuzz

Guest graunch1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey 3BX2, I haven't been around lately and just caught up today. OUCH....

WRONG Batfink, I personally know one of the pilots history, and believe me, He was a well respected Commercial pilot first and foremost, but as you say, did a bit of flat footing it on the beat to qualify for the job.

felt like I was talking wih my wife there for a second...

Constable Z..... was indeed a very good commercial pilot before strapping on the Glock - but he did join the EPS before they bought the flaming chicken.

I know all of the police pilots in YXD. Great guys with a nice machine (although the 120 is alot quieter than an 206, it still wakes me up at night...)

Cheers!

Maybe the first 10 times of being woke, you'd be appreciative that the bad guys are at least being deterred from messing around in your neighbourhood.

Unfortunately, from my experience, if the flying copper is doing circles over your neibourhood, he's not so much "deterring" the bad guys as much as he is chasing them!!!

It's usually not a good thing if the copper chopper is spending a lot of time above your domain!!!

I still prefer to live in a city that has an air unit than one that doesn't! :up:

Don't forget the original reason for most of the purchases of helicopters by police forces. The primary reason was the public outrage over high-speed chases through cities and their sometimes resultant mayhem. Regardless of what you are driving or how fancy a driver you are, the odds against you out-running the police are slim to say the best, once they get sight of you. If you even manage to hide that vehicle and stay hidden yourself, they have a much better idea of where you are now than they did before if they lost you during a chase on the ground.

elvis: i believe you are correct on the rcmp autopilot, makes for big headache when installing flir / nightsun etc as the servos are invariably exactly where you want to put your jbox / ecu / cables / mounts. not sure how much they use it, great thing to have if you have the money / extra shp and amperage. not sure on the koala, flew a bunch with penn state a couple of weeks back and cannot remember if they had it or not, to busy tuning the flir.

dr