Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Spectra Long Line

Emergco may look great, but good luck getting any product from them and if you do, good luck with any support.

I usually won't bring up anything bad about people or companies, but I feel as though it's important for people to be forewarned in this case. It's not only because of my experiences with them either!

Ive had to deal with Emergco vary many times over the past 5 years and have had nothing but good service. All you need to do is call then directly and talk to their tech's. And yes as for the prices you may be able to find the prices on line but also i just got quotes for a couple of 120' lines and hooks. Just give them a call and they will help you out.

Ive never had to deal with steel until this summer and its been difficult.

Lol especially when your simply carrying them around and not actually using them. lol So with the Pros and cons for steel to Spectra for simply carrying them around i would say go with steel..... Ya gotta stay in shape some how.

What I have found after trying all major supliers (Emergo, Barry and Cannam) is that Cannam is my favorite by far (I have no clue what the costs are in comparison) The longline has an external electrical cord, its very important as spectra lines do stretch, give or take a few feet per 100, the way the protective sheet is atached to the timbles via a bolt not a strap...and the manifacturing of the timbles are rebust and well put together. They also offer a good set up for a electric swivel and cargo hook all compatible with each other and no need for extra shackels to make it all fit well. This is only my personal opinion...take it for what it is...