Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Favourite Planes Ever Flown?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy, I see that you have elected to throw the twin otter into the list of your favorites...hmmmmmmmm, I now question your sanity.

cause if it is not takin you home, it is bringing you,

1.fresh fruits and veggies (spent two weeks in a warehouse due to poor w/x)

2.spare parts for your a/c (and instructions on how to install them, pictures only)

3.your winter clothing (cause it was #$%@&*^ summer when you left home )

4.new drillers, the old ones were threating to kill you )

5.stove oil (see #3 above)

6.spare parts for drill (see #4 above)

7.mail...dear john letter (see#3 above)

8.ciggies that the co-pilot dropped of the float comming ashore (you now have 600 smokes individual drying in your tent)

10. 105 brand spanking new drums of jet fuel (equates to another 175 hours of flying, or better yet three more weeks in camp)

12. more mail, telling you that the mining company that you are drilling for stock has just crashed, you own 10,000 shares.!!!!!

13. dirty magazines.....1978 Penthouse (winter edition/used)

14. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZEEEEEE.

So Randy outside of #14 I see no reason to love a twin otter..............unless you are going home as you said.

Hey Randy,

The reason RDM doesn''t like the twinotter is because whenever he went flying with his ex she always had to boost him up into the cockpit!! Her legs would be just a tad longer than his......

I have to agree with Randy, the twinotter is a beautiful machine........nough said

Fullflap

Lets see, favourites...Hmmmm don''t know.

Most unusual and also nice...

Fixed wing: Mooney Mite.

Rotorcraft: McCulloch J-2... Received my Commercial Rotorcraft Gyroplane on it, it was a very interesting machine.

What gives me the biggest rush...A Bell 204- 205 whap, whapping towards me wherever I am.

Chas W. ( Reverend )

This is not really fair because it''s not readily available but favourite ride I''ve ever had the chance to fly is AH1 Cobra. 20mm in the nose and rocket pods both sides whats not to like.

Back to reality, S-61, that crazy russian makes good helos.

RDM yeah the twotter had it''s downside, although never had a driller wanting to kill me.  Must''a stopped doing drill support at the right time. Yeah it''s loud, the seats aren''t the most comfortable, but when it shows up after 7 weeks with my replacement it sure is beautiful.  It is also a **** good a/c.  Besides, if the twotter (or any other a/c) came in, it had ''new'' faces, and someone different to talk with.  Of course the 60 oz bottle of "rotor wash" was always welcome.

Cheers