Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Sad News

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like this affects us all. I remember when I first started flying. I did some of those tours at spring fairs etc. These two gentlemen would, no doubt, be very happy and excited about getting some hours in.

May our thoughts and prayers be with the families and friends of these two young pilots.

My sympathies and condolences to the families of both the young men of this worst of sad news. My thoughts are also with the staff at Essential Helicopters, who are the second family to any student learning there.

I knew both of these guys and can tell you that they were at the top of their class, having been trained by one of the best instructors in this country. I can't seem to understand why someone would have to post the name of the company that had this accident happen and the specific details. Why is it that some like to be the first to post the who, where, when and why? If you absolutely have to be the first one to tell others that you're the first to know this, try making a statement like "I know the details PM me for more". This would be a little more respectful then posting the crap we're seeing here. There are a few other individuals that have written some stuff on Facebook that might want to have their heads examined. It's sickening to see some of the s!@# that's been said. In a time like this it's surely not time to make an example of your competition. You can bet that if the shoe was on the other foot you'd want nothing but respect and you'd definitely get it . We have to set the example for the new junior pilots and engineers coming up through the ranks, and seeing stuff like this just gets the new generation thinking that it's okay to bash the next guy. Please, all I'm asking is that the peoples that think they know the story don't post it. Most of us don't want or need to know. The official details usually come out within a few days on CADORS with updates within weeks. We can all wait.

R.I.P. guys

The void in the skies will never be filled.

Nick Gagnon

i too am very saddened by all this.

not sure how i feel about who is the first to report this on this forum.

but if CBC is making it public and named the company i would say it would be ok.

if it is not in the public media yet, and you know something, keep it to yourself until it is released.

i would assume that if it went public in the media and or the police. then families have been notified.

and i sure dont want to upset people as the investigations go on.

but just wondering why if the weather was an issue. what the rush to get this a/c to a lumberjack festival was.

keep it safe

Hey all,

As mentioned previously, we'll be upgrading and redesigning our forums soon. That would also be an opportunity to develop a protocol for posting on incidents such as this one. If you have thoughts on the subject, feel free to weigh in on our forums redesign thread.

From everyone at Vertical, our deepest sympathies to the families and friends.

Elan

Hey all,

As mentioned previously, we'll be upgrading and redesigning our forums soon. That would also be an opportunity to develop a protocol for posting on incidents such as this one. If you have thoughts on the subject, feel free to weigh in on our forums redesign thread.

From everyone at Vertical, our deepest sympathies to the families and friends.

Elan

Great Idea !!