Whats Happening In Bc?

THings seem to be picking up here in the East Kootenays. It's been hot and dry for a couple weeks now, and recently there's been some dry lightning. According to bcwildfire.ca, there's a decent sized fire just a little northeast of here, and that would explain the increased heli traffic out of CAA8 (including one heavy with a belly tank; an S-61 maybe?).

The central interior is starting to light off too, according to CBC news. More thunderstorms in the forecast for today and tomorrow...

CBC is saying there are over 400 active wildfires in BC now (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/08/03/bc-wildfires.html). Just a few days ago it was saying 300.

A few days ago the weather was great, but my visibility was down to about 8 miles in smoky haze until a storm passed through later in the day (I'm in northeastern BC). I haven't heard of any major fires around here lately, but that smoke was sure covering a large area.

Spoke with a buddy at BCFS and this thing is going to go into late Sept with mop up and all.Apparently double crewing on the mediums is gonna start soon.

BC operators saved... Feeeewww!