Don't Let This Happen To You!

My Buddy just went through a bit of a nightmare with his medical.

Due to some scheduling changes he went to a different doctor than he normally does earlier this year. He was due for an ECG so the doctor does it and lets the ECG Machine print out its findings. Well, it showed that he suddenly had a heart problem!!

Next thing he knows he gets a letter from TC and freaks out!! He goes to his regular doctor that normally does his medicals who sent him for another ECG with specific instructions to turn OFF the diagnosis results and just print the chart. He then sent the chart to a real Cardiologist who actually can read charts and guess what? As usual, there is no problem!!! He kept his medical but is probably still dealing with TC over this AND he went through h*ll for a couple weeks thinking his ticker was toast!!

When I went to do my medical on Monday I mentioned this to my doctor who reassured me that he also tells the people doing the ECG not to print out any diagnosis. just the charts and then sends my charts to a Cardiologist for a proper reading!

Talk about a Charlie Foxtrot :o

Same thing happen to me this year, Transport Canada suspended my licence, be cause of a ECG

test, Had to go to Edmonton to do a battery of heart stress tests that took 2 days to do, All tests came back healthy. But my licence was NFG for almost 2 months until TC went over the paper work. Good thing it was winter time when this happened, cus I don't like to fly when its -25c out.

Wow... just wow! TC is now qualified to be MD's. Somebody needs to reign them in a bit. A Dr. is qualified to make medical diagnosis... TC inspectors not so much.

Time for a letter campaign to the minister, don't ya think?

The folks that review your medical at TC are Doctors of Medicine not TC inspectors.

Pal

Same thing happened to me, luckily, It only took 2 weeks to get the "Hamster Wheel" Treadmill test and reinstate my Licence.

The local ECG says I'm near death every year, Big city Cardiologists say there's nothing wrong, (twice now).

In the last case, it was a rookie Cardiologist in a one-horse town that cried foul, He/She had nothing to do with TC.

In the Pacific Region, Dr Jay Danforth (??) will do his utmost to keep you flying.

He's one of those rare guys who CAN actually say, "I'm from the Government and I'm here to HELP you" !

Same thing happened to me, luckily, It only took 2 weeks to get the "Hamster Wheel" Treadmill test and reinstate my Licence.

The local ECG says I'm near death every year, Big city Cardiologists say there's nothing wrong, (twice now).

In the last case, it was a rookie Cardiologist in a one-horse town that cried foul, He/She had nothing to do with TC.

In the Pacific Region, Dr Jay Danforth (??) will do his utmost to keep you flying.

He's one of those rare guys who CAN actually say, "I'm from the Government and I'm here to HELP you" !

I totally agree - Jay is a fine and honest man.