New Jobs Forum Link

Guest bag swinnger

I think the original goal of "Vertical" was to be North American, not Canadian. Now they are respected Globally... The forums/jobs thread is just a small part of "Vertical"

I say change is good as I think more globally now. This could be a good thing.

Happy Guy,

JSfirm is one of the largest aviation job placement companies in the world. The partnership with Vertical is the first time that they have filtered their helicopter jobs into one source.

Naturally you will see that there will be significantly more US jobs than Canadian simply based on the fact that the industry in the US is much larger than in Canada. So, it should be in keeping with the traditional 10-1 ratio.

We will be building up on the Canadian jobs within JSfirm in the coming weeks. But keep in mind that there has to be Canadian companies hiring too. As it stands right now, there are 14 positions open right now in Canada based on a quick search on JSfirm. We will be linking over Canadian companies that are currently advertising for positions, so stay tuned.

And, for those that have subscribed to Daily News, we will include latest job openings in the coming weeks.

Vertical is a work in progress site right now. There are many new developments that will be announced and released in the coming months that will only improve the amount of content that is available on Vertical Online, making it the industry's leading helicopter website.

If anyone has any suggestions, questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly mike@verticalmag.com

Mike Reyno

Publisher

Vertical

I tend to agree with Happyguy. I as a CP and Ops Manager have used the jobs forums on here frequently over the past years, looking for qualified Canadian commercial helicopter pilots. It was very easy, efficent, and the responses have been incredible. I understand the need to expand globally for the magazine, but do remember your 'roots.' I have had the opportunity to put ads with JSFirm but too much foreign content, too many tire kickers....

Do what you want, its your show, we are simply the people in the industry you write about. Aeroads.ca / Avcanada / Helicopters Magazine have great Canadian job ad opportunities without all the foreign content!

Am I banned now for saying the 'other' helicopters magazine name on here now! LOL...

Aeroads.ca / Avcanada / Helicopters Magazine have great Canadian job ad opportunities without all the foreign content!

Am I banned now for saying the 'other' helicopters magazine name on here now! LOL...

Probably not, but I'm sure people will thank you for the direct links to Canadian employers.

I had a look at JSFirm. Not good for Canadians.

John Nixon

I'll miss having a Canadian-specific job forum. the new vertical jobs site seems so much like many of the US based aviation job boards, which are nice, if you have a US Work Visa. Good for them if they're looking at grabbing the attention of the US market, but I'll probably spend more time hunting on the other Canadian sites.

Could it not be possible to add a drop-down box allowing the visitor to narrow his/her search to a particular country (Canada, US, etc.). On the same token, another drop-box that would specify the type of job (pilot, engineer, or others).

Just a suggestion.

Great job Vertical, both online and with the mag!