Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

New Jobs Forum Link

OK, due to T-Rex's peer pressure, we will be keeping the jobs forum up until we have more Canadian content within JSfirm. Please note that this is a work in progress and companies (American and Canadian) are posting and removing their posts almost daily. We will also continue to have banners for Canadian companies looking for new people - this will not change.

We have taken note that there are some sensitivities over the 'foreign' content. But, please remember that Vertical is North American - not Canadian and not America, but North American. Only through Vertical have we been able to increase the level of awareness between the two industries, and that will continue through to the website. There is much that can be learned from both sides of the border.

In the coming weeks, we will be making several more changes here on the site. For the majority they will be welcome changes. But, for a few they may not be, which we fully expect. Some of those changes will be within the forums. A few of you that are posting here have complained to me about some of the discussions. Our goal is to improve the level of professionalism within the forums. You will see some new, but familiar names joining our forums to help lead new discussions. Some of these people are very highly regarded in the industry, but they have never posted or lead discussions here.

Regardless if it's the magazines or the website, we are only making changes that will improve the level, and quality of content between the two mediums. Our editor-in-chief, Elan Head has taken charge of this effort, and I'm sure that you will all agree that there has been a big improvement with editorial content. We are now expanding that to the web. Lot's of new offerings coming, so stay tuned.

Like I said, I am open to all suggestions and comments. It is only through your feedback - both good and bad - can we ensure that we are delivering magazines, and a website that sets a new standard in the industry.

Mike

I had a look at the New forum. We are approached at least once a month by similar services. I liked the local focus of the actual forum that we used. I new many of the advertisers either personally or by Rep. and it was a good pulse checker of our Industry. I think we are loosing a unique resource.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Not sure if you noticed in my last post, but no one is losing anything. If anything, our offering will only be that much better then anything out there that is currently available when all is said and done. Additionally, we will have a choice made available to choose between Canada or US jobs (which you can already do now by simply inputting Canada into the search field).

Mike