Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Vih

Mole

It will have to be some very rich dude to be able to buy a company that has 300 plus mediums and heavies. Not sure if you know or not but CHC International has been on a bit of a purchasing spree over the last 10 or so years. Sure they have had there ups and downs but even the might HAS fell to them. Other than the operators in the Gulf I don't think there are many competitors out there available for them to purchase. The company has been fueled on atlantic salmon up to now but once they get a taste of that west coast variety they may spread out the fishing nets again. They sure got a nice pretty new building, the **** thing keeps on expanding. Remember everything is for sale for a price! :up:

Careful gents. I once knew of a weathy real estate agent from Newfoundland that bought the 2nd largest helicopter company in the world. What happened in order for him to make that purchase, can also happen to him now. So anything is possible in aviation folks. Don't bother with "the leasing thing" either because we all know of companies that list lots of aircraft of varying types and most of them are leased. In many cases that's called good business. I'd personally be surprised if one of the companies leasing aircraft to CHC wasn't also a self-owned company of one Mr. Dobbin. That's also called good business. B)

Cap, exactly! anything can happen and I would pay very carefull attention to CC these days they just swallowed up Venture, and are slowly creeping west . Not to be trusted these Quebecers! Venture borrowed some cash and are now being shoved out.

A publicly held corp like CHC is vulnerable in many ways, specifically concerning transparency and an easy target.

Keeping CC out of BC is going to be a challenge, but how? Any company rich enough to self insure the fleet and drop wages and rates- scarry!

Cap, exactly! anything can happen and I would pay very carefull attention to CC these days they just swallowed up Venture, and are slowly creeping west . Not to be trusted these Quebecers! Venture borrowed some cash and are now being shoved out.

A publicly held corp like CHC is vulnerable in many ways, specifically concerning transparency and an easy target.

Keeping CC out of BC is going to be a challenge, but how? Any company rich enough to self insure the fleet and drop wages and rates- scarry!