Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Do You Get Enough Recurrent Training?

Guest JeffyG

Guest JeffyG

an hour of recurrent on type, ppc checkride, out the door and back to work. how do people feel about that. what amount and type of sticktime training do people get at the start of the season.

half a dozen autos a year do people feel like thats enough

i know some people and companies do a lot more training this this but lots dont do very much at all.

Well, I think that is a great topic. I worked at great slave for a season and was amazed at the training, a week of ground and airtime including a ground instructor..absolultly top notch. I worked for another company that did the absolute minimum, I always had a problem with it.

I think auto's done a few times once a year is rediculas and an absolute joke. I know I am not suppose to, but I started shooting the odd power recovery myself in the 206 when opritunities arized. I got quite good at gettting my spot, but of course, I was not suppose to be doing that. Now I don't get the chance to fly 206, and I wouldn't try them alone in a 350, however T-REX is a pleasure to fly with in the 350, so I do feel confident. Bring it on, I am anticipating it, flying higher and alwasy got a spot to go.

There may be change coming......

Some customers are asking, and have been for a while, for pilots have more than just annual recurrent training and are even picking up the tabs for sim training and emergency underwater egress training. I was fortunate enough to go to FlightSafety this year and I can say it was some of the best training I've ever had.

Now to touch on a previous post, IT IS A BAD IDEA TO DO POWER RECOVERIES ON YOUR OWN

Its a cover your *** world and I would hate to have to phone the boss and tell him why his helicopter is balled up for no reason.

There may be change coming......

Some customers are asking, and have been for a while, for pilots have more than just annual recurrent training and are even picking up the tabs for sim training and emergency underwater egress training. I was fortunate enough to go to FlightSafety this year and I can say it was some of the best training I've ever had.

Now to touch on a previous post, IT IS A BAD IDEA TO DO POWER RECOVERIES ON YOUR OWN

Its a cover your *** world and I would hate to have to phone the boss and tell him why his helicopter is balled up for no reason.

I do agree with you completely......I am not saying it was right, but did I it.