Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

H369d

law1

would someone know the proper type of tubing for the wet line going too torque gauge on instument panel ? Currently there is the same line used for pitot and static lines installed.

As far as I know, aircraft manufacturers put out a fairly thick book called a "PARTS BOOK!!" You might want to have a peek at it rather than asking on an internet forum where a LOT of the posters are not directly involved in the industry. If you install anything other than what's in the parts book you are NOT airworthy and are endangering your passengers, your ship, and yourself.

I was privy to see a Mexican Engineer install a home made copper line in place of a broken P3 line. We all know what happens to copper when it vibrates and work hardens, don't we? Scary stuff down there!!

John Nixon

would someone know the proper type of tubing for the wet line going too torque gauge on instument panel ? Currently there is the same line used for pitot and static lines installed.

Go to CSP-IPC-4, Chapter 95-30-00, Page 6, Fig 3

Select the section you require.

Also insure the revision status of the IPC is current.

Hope this helps

Thanks all for your great insight to the world of helicopter maint. and how smart ya all are . The parts book does not tell me what the material the line is made of . :wacko:

Who gives a rats arse what the material is made of?? Buy the CORRECT PART by the number as listed in the parts book. JEEZ this industry is screwed when we are trying to get someone to not make his own homemade lines.

Thanks for the response to my question with out being a smrtA . I do have the part # 369A8030-505 ,but what I am need of inlighting of is if this a rigid line of not? The pt# does not tell me what it is made of ,and I do not have it avail. @ this time .Thx :D

Who gives a rats arse what the material is made of?? Buy the CORRECT PART by the number as listed in the parts book. JEEZ this industry is screwed when we are trying to get someone to not make his own homemade lines.

I am really sick of the people jumping in with non constuctive coments JEEEZ. Just for your Pee Brain info I WAS NOT ABOUT TO MAKE MY OWN LINES THX , I WANT TO KNOW BECAUSE I THINK THAT IS WHAT SOMEONE ELSE MAY HAVE DONE. So please start your own thread and do your whinning there THX.

I am really sick of the people jumping in with non constuctive coments JEEEZ. Just for your Pee Brain info I WAS NOT ABOUT TO MAKE MY OWN LINES THX , I WANT TO KNOW BECAUSE I THINK THAT IS WHAT SOMEONE ELSE MAY HAVE DONE. So please start your own thread and do your whinning there THX.

Call your tech rep.

Simple, yet functional.

You're welcome.

RTR

Ah-Ha, now I get it!!

post-907-1281316850_thumb.jpg