Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Missing B206 Log Books

OverTalk,

What Brad and the boys are doing with a "proceeds of crime" seized aircraft is completely LEGAL, that was never the issue.

I don't see much speculation here on what the aircraft WAS used for.......

A stripped-down drug-smuggling helicopter seized by the B.C. RCMP has been put up for auction under the province's proceeds of crime legislation, after no one came forward to claim it.

Police say the Bell 206-B Jet Ranger was once used to ferry marijuana and cocaine across the Canada-U.S. border in southeast B.C.

In what was described as a first for Canadian law enforcement, the RCMP's drug squad didn't have enough evidence to arrest the pilots or owners — so they seized the helicopter that was allegedly used to transport the drugs instead.

Unless the Newspapers are printing complete slander....

In my opinion, I don't see the Logbooks being very useful or accurate. I guessing that you won't see the entries....

Slocan BC to Pot-Landing WA, time 1.0 2230 2330 cargo 800 lbs

Cokeville WA to Slocan BC time 1.0 2345 0045 cargo 200 lbs

What the Logs may give you is a starting point on TAF Hrs, the RCMP can fill in the blanks, they probably have a good guess on how many trips it may have flown ..??

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original post is asking for log books. That could mean journey log books and / or tech logs and / or CHRs.

CAR 605.94(3) says that the owner of the aircraft has to retain journey log entries for one year.

CAR Std 625.96(1) says the owner of an aircraft shall maintain and retain technical records, other than the Journey Log, until such time as the aircraft is no longer registered.

Without the journey log, you have no idea of the current TAFT or engine cycles. No CHRs means all kinds of bad news.

Some of the life-limited components will have some value after they are overhauled. The on-condition parts can be inspected by an AME and put back into service.

I think Brad needs to offer a lot of money because his hangar queen is not worth anything without the logs. That is unless he sells the parts with an "as removed" tag or gets very friendly with his local TC guy to see what he can get away with. Or sells it to a private guy in Columbia. ;)

I wish Brad a lot of luck in finding the logs.

Ahhhh so you and your 2 family members are all trained up on your 44 already @ 2hrs a day apeice...since the beginning of July just need the extra room of a 206 for the duffle bags,eh? Give your head a shake man!

You are totally out of line and talking about some very good friends of mine who run a completely legitimate business, so keep the ignorant comments to yourself.

Thank you over talk. Nice to hear from someone with their head on straight. Yes, I'm with Westcan and bought the old 206 from the rcmp seizure for parts use. Shocking at some of the bone-head comments and speculation from some members. Really quite pathetic. It would be nice to have the log books. I realize there is very little chance of getting the books. It does'nt hurt to try and that's what I'am attempting to do. It is unbelievable how cheeky some people are. Before you put you foot in your mouths again, stop by my facility, and talk to me face to face. I would be glad to bring you up to speed on how many usable parts there are on the old 206. Wire strike kit, range extender, skid gear, Fuel system, etc,etc. To the fellow that commented on me learning to fly my R-44 and moving up to the 206 to smuggle drugs? wow.... You're an idiot. Stop by sometime, I would love to meet you, It's Brad, second office on the right.

Thank you over talk. Nice to hear from someone with their head on straight. Yes, I'm with Westcan and bought the old 206 from the rcmp seizure for parts use. Shocking at some of the bone-head comments and speculation from some members. Really quite pathetic. It would be nice to have the log books. I realize there is very little chance of getting the books. It does'nt hurt to try and that's what I'am attempting to do. It is unbelievable how cheeky some people are. Before you put you foot in your mouths again, stop by my facility, and talk to me face to face. I would be glad to bring you up to speed on how many usable parts there are on the old 206. Wire strike kit, range extender, skid gear, Fuel system, etc,etc. To the fellow that commented on me learning to fly my R-44 and moving up to the 206 to smuggle drugs? wow.... You're an idiot. Stop by sometime, I would love to meet you, It's Brad, second office on the right.

Well Done Brad, you run a good respectable buisness. Look forward to dealing with you in the future.

Good job Brad, it truly is appalling

Right on, Brad, classy response.

Well said Brad.

I believe I flew C-FTCH in 1978 before it was used by my replacement in an unsuccessful and career ending test as a chain saw amongst 40 foot pine trees during a foggy morning on the powerline construction ( Camp 8 near highway 113 west of Chapais ) for the James Bay project.

It was a good aircraft - glad to see her soul lives on.

Does this make me part of the conspiracy?

Should I obtain Legal advice?

Still have the tail rotor and hub from that wreck. ( Legaly obtained from TQ's overhall shop Trans Canada Overhauls after data plates removed FYI)

Well said Brad.

I believe I flew C-FTCH in 1978 before it was used by my replacement in an unsuccessful and career ending test as a chain saw amongst 40 foot pine trees during a foggy morning on the powerline construction ( Camp 8 near highway 113 west of Chapais ) for the James Bay project.

It was a good aircraft - glad to see her soul lives on.

Does this make me part of the conspiracy?

Should I obtain Legal advice?

Still have the tail rotor and hub from that wreck. ( Legaly obtained from TQ's overhall shop Trans Canada Overhauls after data plates removed FYI)

Hello Shark bait. No legal advice needed!! Interesting story, Pine trees always win!