Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Missing B206 Log Books

I'm just curious. What is stopping an approved repair facility from replacing all the lifed chapter 4 items, inspecting all the on condition items including the airframe and performing overhaul on all drivetrain components. I guess what I'm saying is treat the A/C as if it lost another battle with 40 foot pines. Bell has stopped making the Chevy 2, that must make it a very worth while project. I must also agree this post did bring the most presumptuous dickheads out of the wood work.

Cheers,

Dave

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you over talk. Nice to hear from someone with their head on straight. Yes, I'm with Westcan and bought the old 206 from the rcmp seizure for parts use. Shocking at some of the bone-head comments and speculation from some members. Really quite pathetic. It would be nice to have the log books. I realize there is very little chance of getting the books. It does'nt hurt to try and that's what I'am attempting to do. It is unbelievable how cheeky some people are. Before you put you foot in your mouths again, stop by my facility, and talk to me face to face. I would be glad to bring you up to speed on how many usable parts there are on the old 206. Wire strike kit, range extender, skid gear, Fuel system, etc,etc. To the fellow that commented on me learning to fly my R-44 and moving up to the 206 to smuggle drugs? wow.... You're an idiot. Stop by sometime, I would love to meet you, It's Brad, second office on the right.

Hey Brad, I guess an apology is in order so here it is. I apologize for offending you. I will stop in one day too and have a chuckle. Anyhow for what it's worth,sorry.....

Guest Angry Egg Driver
Hey Brad, I guess an apology is in order so here it is. I apologize for offending you. I will stop in one day too and have a chuckle. Anyhow for what it's worth,sorry.....

Stopping into have a chuckle would probably be as smart as your original post.

Geeez stupidity at its best. No doubt H56, Hope you find the records.

There have been instances when books have gone missing or destroyed by fire, pretty sure there is something that can be done to ***** to what degree time limited parts and times can be assesd. there has got to be some historical record somewhere maintenance related? All the tech records are missing too??

Just a stab in the dark but what about a search of the Histroical data base of registsration,If it came up from the US there would be a copy of MSI-26 on the import and that would have a full list of component times at the time of import. Conatct previous owners if the maintenece was done under a contarcted AMO there should be some records??

Just a stab in the dark. Trying to bring the thread back on a productive direction.

P5

I'm just curious. What is stopping an approved repair facility from replacing all the lifed chapter 4 items, inspecting all the on condition items including the airframe and performing overhaul on all drivetrain components. I guess what I'm saying is treat the A/C as if it lost another battle with 40 foot pines. Bell has stopped making the Chevy 2, that must make it a very worth while project. I must also agree this post did bring the most presumptuous dickheads out of the wood work.

Cheers,

Dave

I'd assume cost. Why put $400K into something that you can sell for $250K?

I don't think many people are rebuilding their smashed up jetboxes anymore... The place I work has no interest in it, at the very least.

They will go the way of the 47... Museum pieces and high priced toys...