Helijet S76 Gear Collapse

N1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What 't happened? Ahhhh The gear colapsed! Doesn't surpise me in th least. They are the oldest 76's in the world- and there is no mandatory refit on the model as with other types. Frankly if it wasn't for the ambulance program helijet would be a thing of the past. Sad but true.

If they had the cash a few newer C+ models would do the job, and maybe they could secure the ambulance contract into the future. If they loose the contract it all over for HJ.

P5

What 't happened? Ahhhh The gear colapsed! Doesn't surpise me in th least. They are the oldest 76's in the world- and there is no mandatory refit on the model as with other types. Frankly if it wasn't for the ambulance program helijet would be a thing of the past. Sad but true.

If they had the cash a few newer C+ models would do the job, and maybe they could secure the ambulance contract into the future. If they loose the contract it all over for HJ.

P5

Just curious pilot5--is the passenger service not doing well?? If not, why not?

Just curious pilot5--is the passenger service not doing well?? If not, why not?

It's always been just making it, one of the reasons it went public to raise cash years ago. Could be wrong but it seems to be the consensus. The older 76's are plaged by constant electrical problems, I remember at one time there were considering taking the rotor break off of rotor bear because they couldnt get a rotor break. Call Sikorsky they have rotor breaks?

post-6107-1281648646_thumb.jpg

It really was no big deal.........no one was hurt which is the most important part of any aviation mishap.

We slung the a/c onto a barge for transport back to YVR.

The crew that prepped the ship was very exact and professioanal.

Kudo's to all involved .

Everyone went home happy and safe....what more could one ask for ?????

Thank-You Twinnie:

I get so bloody frustrated with all the so called "Professionals" on this site who can't even spell the Queens English!! What the H-ll has happened to our education system!! :angry: :angry:

John Nixon

I take it you mean the Queen's English? "Queens" is a neighbourhood in New York and speak something that only barely sounds like English :)

I hate improper punctuation lol.