Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helijet S76 Gear Collapse

N1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Pilot5,

NEVER GO FULL RETARD!!!! TOO LATE!!!! The gear on a 76 is bullit proof unless you are moving sideways when you touch down. As for electrical problems, I am currently flying the A++,C+ and C++, and all of them have electrical issues. Find an IFR aircraft that doesn't. As for age, take a good look at all of the types still flying from the 60's and 70's. Are you really that challenged?

As for the health of Helijet, you have to be kidding. Last I remember, they did about 21 million in revenue per year, where the ambulance contract brings in 5 million a year. All rough numbers of course. They have the scheduled airline, contracts in the Charlottes as well as a jet ambulance contract. If they did not get the ambulance contract, there would be about 20 pilots moving with the contract I would guess. HJ will still be fine, been going for 22 years now, many without the ambulance.

The A models are perfect for flying between Vancouver and Victoria. Working at Sea Level in mostly cool temps, why would you even consider a newer model. The new Ambulance contract is a 10 year contract I believe, giving the operators reason to get newer aircraft. Not to mention it is a requirement, as they are starting to close pads down for lack of performance.

As for the other clown asking the name of the crew. Let me ask you, would you like your name placed in a public forum like this for all to see? Give your head a shake!!! Both of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!

Regards,

Curtis

Thanks Curtis. You have to remember there are folks on this forum with the only reason for being here is so they can spread false rumors and innuendo. Lots of great folks, drivers and wrenches have left this site because of the fertilizer that is spread daily. I was going to point out the reason why I come here but I don't really know why. Maybe I just want to try and catch up with Elvis. :lol:

Thanks Curtis. You have to remember there are folks on this forum with the only reason for being here is so they can spread false rumors and innuendo. Lots of great folks, drivers and wrenches have left this site because of the fertilizer that is spread daily. I was going to point out the reason why I come here but I don't really know why. Maybe I just want to try and catch up with Elvis. :lol:

Don't drag me into this slagfest.....oops I guess you just did

:elvis: :elvis: