Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Discount On Airline Flights

duf

Okanagan Helicopters were members of INTERLINE when they operated out of Montreal in the 70's & 80's. This I know because I have the "Package sheet" in front of me now and used it. They were not considered "an airline" then either, but it helped having the company CEO also on the Board of Directors of CP Air. :D Some examples (these are round trip prices): Osaka, Japan = $85.00/London, England=$15.00/ Freeport, Bahamas=$6.00 and the most expensive =$169.00 for a 'round the world trip. These all originated out of Montreal of course and involved various airlines....not just CP.

Duf,

Helijet is a good company, good equipment etc.

They fly very predictable routes, so they can offer a schedule, benefits, airline discounts etc.

They used to hire low timers (maybe still do) to unload baggage, then work in Dispatch, and eventually get flying as a co-pilot. Then the new pilots had to move on to get some real solo Pilot In Command time somewhere up north.

Eventually the pilot gets married, and Mrs Pilot wants a schedule, benefits etc., so the pilot gets his IFR rating and heads back to live in Vancouver and hires on with Helijet to fly to Victoria 5 times a day !!

Meanwhile some pilots decide that's not what they want, and get a divorce.

No schedule, no benefits, no guarantees..........but all the babes, big bucks and beer-induced glory that a northern Canadian community can provide.

It's a non-stop party for real pilots. I love it. !!

Hello Cap.

I knew Timmy very well.Worked with him in Jimmys Lagoon many years ago.Very nice guy.Too bad.Im sure hes watching all the Bull SH?? going on in these threads and shaking his head.

Have a good day Mini.........