Discount On Airline Flights

duf

The interline deal at Helijet is OK, ID 90 when I was there (you pay 10% of the full Y class fare), there was also a seperate deal with BA ($100 Cdn per leg). The problem was always the threat that you may get to Hawaii, or Paris and then not be able to get ID 90 coming back as it was always on a space available basis. The CP was quite clear that no ID90 fare available was not a good excuse for missing a shift ! As a place to work, I can't say enough about Helijet, it was without a doubt the best helicopter company I have ever worked for. Cheers

So anyhoo -----This story must be true since I heard it in a bar late at night :

Tim (AKA The Fly'n Hawaian ) has just arrived from Jimmy's Lagoon on a cool spring day and is walking down the street in Valdor complete with Parka and Bush boots, mitts ect.

Two braindead US tourists see our Hero walking down the street and the man rushes up to Tim saying to his wife " Look Honey - an Eskimo - maybe we can get a picture with him!"

After overcoming his flabberghast Tim whips opens his parka like a flasher and says: "Wanna buy an OOPIK?" The rest of Tim's reply cannot be quoted here but needless to say the tourists were most impresssed with "the eskimo's" knowledge of the King's English especially some of the slang terms for body parts, lack of intelligence, perverse sexual practices and legitimacy. :D

Great guy.

Sharkbait -----I only saw Tim really mad on one occasion. When he flew with Dome up in the Beaufort years ago, OILWEEK magazine had a picture of him coming down the air-stair of a S-61. The caption on the picture read (and I paraphrase after all these years) ........"First Nations pilot also contributes". The "ribbing" he took was almost unreal.

He'd be here today if he hadn't ttaken that air conditioner down over the side of the high rise to save those workers on the top of the building.......and no, he wouldn't contribute to this site at the present moment. I consider myself gifted to have been called "a good friend".