Interesting Video

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a bit of difficulty with this - but then I've only got 18K+hrs on helicopters much of which is on several different types of Igor's fine airplanes.

Why would two aircraft decide to go "play in the lake" - and then both screw it up so bad?

I have thousands of hours of bucketing and tanking, and many hours in a "Daisy Chain" with many of my peers using many different types of aircraft and none of us ever screwed up this bad.

And these are the lastest version of the Blackhawk - the "R" model. Power up the bum, latest GE engines, latest blades, etc.

The explanation of "didn't have the power to hover, or "LTE" simply doesn't fit.

I'm having a bit of difficulty with this - but then I've only got 18K+hrs on helicopters much of which is on several different types of Igor's fine airplanes.

Why would two aircraft decide to go "play in the lake" - and then both screw it up so bad?

I have thousands of hours of bucketing and tanking, and many hours in a "Daisy Chain" with many of my peers using many different types of aircraft and none of us ever screwed up this bad.

And these are the lastest version of the Blackhawk - the "R" model. Power up the bum, latest GE engines, latest blades, etc.

The explanation of "didn't have the power to hover, or "LTE" simply doesn't fit.

Agreed. Not a chance it was LTE.

Lost of reference perhaps, but not LTE, not in the Blackhawk.

AR

Have it from a source who may 9or may not) know something that perhaps loss of references and VRS had a play in it. They had departed an airshow in Sacramento, and were headed SOUTH, when they decided to fly 100nm out of course to play at the lake. Both A/C received damage, one up to class C which is I believe up to $500.000,00 worth.

They flew away and cosequently were all grounded (4 pilots)..

So I guess my addage that I say to anyone around here holds true: EVERYBODY's got a phone and ALL phones have a camera, and YOUTUBE never lies...

Hmmm.....Lake Tahoe is 6,200' asl. Temps in the summer can average 23C +....starts to put one closer to 9,000' da.

Have you noticed the wind direction? Do we know how heavy the a/c is ?

Looking at the coning of the m/r disc, (which lends me to think he was pulling the guts out of it) the direction of yaw, hard to believe it is not LTE ! :huh: