Sweeeeet...

Bif

Typical American capalist lacky running dogs!! Doing everything right! WTF is that all about?? Excellent equipment. very professional, Just once, I'd love to see an operation run that smoothly in Canada. Last one I watched was in Alberta on the Nordeg/Jasper Highway about 4 years ago. What a goat-f--k!! Homemade drip torch, pilot couldn't keep it running, bush was soaking wet. At least 30 Alberta forestry gurus standing around scratching each others butts. We sat there the better part of every day with a 212 and a bucket just in case the FIRE got away. A lot of wishfull thinking that day. Absolute total waste of tax dollars, personnel, and resourses. They tried for a few days and finally gave up. Never even created a spark.

I remember watching the drip torch boys in action when on fires in California in the early 90;s they were good.... one of the guys I knew quite well, he was an FAA examiner also, did my IFR ride with him. he was an ex Vietnam 205 gunship pilot, got shot down 3 times in 3 tours. I did ask him why he kept going back, answer, young and dumb and his mates were there. Thats real experience. Oh and if ya passed your ride, you knew before the debrief, he woud take control on the way home and do a full on to pad 2 Concord. If you flew it home , ya failed. These guys are good......very good.