Atpl-h Or Hatra

JLMG

Actually the 222 DOES qualify if flown two crew. It is single pilot IFR certified but if the CDN regs require it to be flown with two pilots (rev IFR), the time qualifies. I had this argument with Winnipeg TC some 15 to 20 years ago (when the dang exams came out), but had a signed letter from the guy who wrote the regs in Ottawa (don't recall his name) so I could write for the ATPL-H.

Go to www.tc.gc.ca and search for 'study and reference guides', it will be in there somewhere.

I believe there is one for the HATRA.

I can help you with stuff fot the HAMRA.HARON but that will have to wait till next monday, as I m outta the office this week.

Cheers

H.

Depending on your situtation I would just write the HATRA exam, only cost about $30 and is made up of the same questions as the HAMRA & HARON unless you are sure you will meet the requirments and check ride in 24 months for the ATPL license. I believe the ATPL exams are around $100 each. I would buy an ATPL training manual such as Professional Helicopter Pilot Studies then spend a week studying the manual Then write some practice exams if you can find them, should have no problem passing.

Depending on your situtation I would just write the HATRA exam, only cost about $30 and is made up of the same questions as the HAMRA & HARON unless you are sure you will meet the requirments and check ride in 24 months for the ATPL license. I believe the ATPL exams are around $100 each. I would buy an ATPL training manual such as Professional Helicopter Pilot Studies then spend a week studying the manual Then write some practice exams if you can find them, should have no problem passing.

Thanks Winnie and ____________, in my current situation it would be the Hatra, and I was on the transport site and found a study guide that tells you what topics will be covered, not an actual study guide though, never heard of any practice exams besides the ones that certain schools in the west coast use. However this study guide tells you what topics and the cars reference to them, so I guess i will study on my computer for cars and use the AIM for the rest. Looks like alot of info to go over which is good, being a bush pilot has made me a little lazy in that department, but totally my fault. ;)

• 3 months later...