Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Where In Canada Does Everyone Work?

Did pretty much the same as Blade strike but without the Ambulance time.

I highly recommend that if yur gonna be a helicopter pilot you need all the stuff. IFR the whole kit. Definitely having the IFR opens up huge possibilities.

P5

Thanks guys, its definately something I am considering, being a family man and working a 4 and 2 up northern alberta is something i don't want to be doing forever. However its a great experience, just time building and hopefully the light at the end of this long tunnel I have been travelling will come sooner than later.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The IFR rating is an additional rating you take ON TOP of the rest.

So get your Commercial (or CPL/H) and then start building time.

You need 50 hours of Pilot In Command Crosscountry time to get an IFR rating. So not something you can just take at the end of your training unless you are loaded.

The CPL is your "VFR" rating. I'd advise you to get a night rating ASAP as well, to prevent you from having troubles with that later. and you can incorporate that into your basic training...

Cheers

H.

The IFR rating is an additional rating you take ON TOP of the rest.

So get your Commercial (or CPL/H) and then start building time.

You need 50 hours of Pilot In Command Crosscountry time to get an IFR rating. So not something you can just take at the end of your training unless you are loaded.

The CPL is your "VFR" rating. I'd advise you to get a night rating ASAP as well, to prevent you from having troubles with that later. and you can incorporate that into your basic training...

Cheers

H.

Isn't there a night PIC hour requirement as well? or is that ATPL im thinking of?

You get 5 dual and 5 solo night for your night rating. No additional requirement for the IFR.

Mind you, unless you plan to go the route of multi/IFR in the future, the whole night rating can be moot. HOWEVER....

Cheers

H

(Who works in soutwestern Ontario, to be home with SWMBO)