Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Another Pilot Gone

I haven't seen anything here about this accident in Chile. It has been reported on El Mercurio and television. A Canadian pilot, Alex Deuran, was killed in a crop dusting accident near Taltal, Chile, working for the company named Helicar. I include the name because the accident occurred Saturday and family should have been informed by now. Condolances to his family and friends.

I haven't seen anything here about this accident in Chile. It has been reported on El Mercurio and television. A Canadian pilot, Alex Deuran, was killed in a crop dusting accident near Taltal, Chile, working for the company named Helicar. I include the name because the accident occurred Saturday and family should have been informed by now. Condolances to his family and friends.

Yes condolences to the family and friends, sad day again. darn

Now lets get this thing on the right track. Yes this accident happenned in Chile, the Company name is Helican and belongs to Heli-Inter in Montreal.

The accident is not crop dusting related, it happenned in the Atacama desert. They don't know much about what happenned yet.

Aircraft was a Astar 350.

Name is Alexandre Remon

Below is the link to the local news (spanish) it will load but be patient

http://www.24horas.cl/videos.aspx?id=96524&tipo=27

JD

Yes condolences to the family and friends, sad day again. darn

Now lets get this thing on the right track. Yes this accident happenned in Chile, the Company name is Helican and belongs to Heli-Inter in Montreal.

The accident is not crop dusting related, it happenned in the Atacama desert. They don't know much about what happenned yet.

Aircraft was a Astar 350.

Name is Alexandre Remon

Below is the link to the local news (spanish) it will load but be patient

http://www.24horas.cl/videos.aspx?id=96524&tipo=27

JD

Very sad news,

I knew Alex a little having brief chats with him at the hangar, he was a really nice guy and everyone seemed to like him as well. All I can do is offer my sincerest of condolences to his friends and family.

I was working with Alex, all but a few months ago, nice fellow from France i believe. We crossed paths several times on the hanger floor. A superb pilot and was liked by everyone.

Way to young couldn't have been more than 30. Very sad day indeed.

Gods speed Alex! :(

John

Alexandre Remon was also an excellent instructor, and his name in my logbook is now memory... Everyone loved him... He was 32 and leaves a pregnant wife in Québec, a mourning family in France and very, very sad friends... :(

No! :( :( :(