Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Inevitability Of Unions

My opinion, unions are a plague. they provide security and protection to the parasites of any industry.

Unions destroy Merit, and also how could we ever produce a collective bargaining agreement to help us as pilots, or engineers for that matter if we are all going to be out in the bush. We will end up getting raped and the union will be the only party who will get something good out of the deal.

I have worked under union rule before, you watch the people with seniority who are lazy and pretty much hate what they do and are only there for a paycheque. Then you watch the hard workers one by one follow the same lead because their hands are tied, they have no power to make the industry a better place. Then you are left with a select few who are genuine hardworking folks who keep their mouths shut and do what needs to be done get taken advantage of for the majority of their careers.

Again I will stress, if we cant be around how can we possibly set up an agreement that will truely benefit us?

just my views.