General Forums Information

Elan Head

Guest Jeremy Law

I often wish the new and improved layout would include a very basic option for those of us who work international. Internet service is way slower most everyplace when compaired to a western country. All the nice pictures and stuff slows things down, even stops one from visiting some sites.

I could not agree with Coffeelover anymore, the old website had a hard time loading in West Africa I can only imagine how slow this new and improved website will load. But the website is really nice great job to all at Vertical!

I have enabled a second skin for the forum. At the bottom of the page beside the language selections box, is a dropdown with two options "standard" and "mobile".

The mobile option will show a more basic version of the forum, better for mobile devices or slower connections.

Nice work here guys!

I'm looking forward to contributing and reading the posts. Lots to be learned here from many great people! Most of my greatest teachers have been my students :-)

I do some writing for VM(911) and look forward to your feedback on my pieces.

All the best and fly safe!

Cheers!

Matt Johnson

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all of the feedback on the forums redesign. Most of you on here know that the existing forums have a strong Canadian lineage. After weighing all of the responses, we've decided it makes sense to keep these forums predominantly Canadian, and start a new forums for our U.S. and international readers. We'll be doing that in the near future. Meantime, I'll be consolidating discussions into the General Helicopter Operations forum.

Please consult the Forum Rules or Help Section if you have general questions about posting or moderation. If you have specific questions or comments, feel free to contact Mike Reyno, mike@verticalmag.com.

Cheers,

Elan

• 1 month later...

I like the idea of having separate US/Canada Forums however having to create a new account just to post in/look at the US/International forums REALLY?? There are a lot of canadians working in the US and abroad and for us to have to sign in with a totally separate username/passord is ridiculous. Maybe I'm a little nieve, but what exactly does this accomplish? If I crate a new account its going to be using the same username the same e-mail the same avitar and the same information so isn't that just a little redundant. Also, what about the longtime account holders on the "original" forum who are based in the US are they going to have to forfeit their status and post histories just to move in to the new format.

What if I'm a Canadian working in South America for a Canadian operator taking pictures of Peruvian registered machines. WHERE DO I POST THE PICTUE????

I understand that we dont pay a dime to use the service you provide here however, I for one am not so Impressed...

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the redesigned Vertical Forums!

We have upgraded our forums software to offer new and improved capabilities, including the ability to post photos to galleries, to chat live with other members, and to connect your Vertical forums account to your Facebook account (but only if you choose to do so!). We think the new software is a big improvement over our old software, and hopefully you'll think so, too.

Of course, like any new software, it takes a while to figure out. If you have questions about the forums or how they work, please consult the "Help" link near the top of the forums page. If you still need assistance, please email support@verticalmag.com, or me directly at elan@verticalmag.com, and one of us will respond as soon as we're able to.

In addition to upgrading our software, we're also making a few changes to our forum rules and moderation. Vertical is a professional publication dedicated to providing important, timely information to the helicopter industry, and we want our forums to reflect that. Hostile, derogatory or otherwise unprofessional content will be moderated with extreme prejudice! Please review and adhere to our forum rules, and alert us to objectionable content.

Thanks for your help and patience. If you have questions, comments or suggestions about the new forums, email me directly, or post in the "Forums and Members" category at the bottom of the page.

Cheers,

Elan Head

Editor-in-Chief

Vertical Magazine

Elan,

For this first time ever, I attempted to hit the "positive reply" button, but was advised "You have reached your limit of positive replies for today".

Huh?

Jerry

• 5 months later...

Anyone else having trouble with their gallery? I've been trying to clean mine up and add a couple photos, but every time I try to delete or add stuff I get an error message [#1071] telling me that the action is not allowed. FWIW, I am logged in when I do this...

Cheers,

- Darren

• 4 years later...