Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Welcome To The Simulator Area

aussiecop

Welcome All,

I suggested this forum to Elan and she has been gracious enough to put it up, this forum will hopefully become your place to come for everything simulation based, from desktop simulation to multimillion dollar commercial simulation products.

I have been involved in the simulation area of helicopters for the last 10 years from desktop simulation to full blown commercial operations. I am a software developer for an addon helicopter maker for the Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) product line as well as a scenery developer for the FSX leader in scenery development as well as a novice component developer for commercial simulator products.

My vision for the simulation side of the helicopter industry is to see everyone flying in a simulator that can not only simulate the feel of the helicopter, but simulate all emergency procedures and give you the "real" feeling of being in the helicopter, to the point where you exit the simulator experience sweating from the forced auto that you just performed.

Here are some pictures of what I see the graphical side of simulation being in some simulators and the products that are available to turn it into a realistic simulation experience.

Frasca Commercial simulators graphics

v13large.jpg

v8large.jpg

FSX Orbx addon scenery for a home computer

Eggbeaters_2.jpg

NRM_B6006_6.jpg

nrmimpressionsA06.jpg

I look forward to other users input :)