Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Microsoft Flight Simulator

hybrid

I normally use a Mac notebook for my personal laptop needs but found it was limited for most simulator applications. I bought a Windows 7 based HP Laptop to run MFS to try to keep up my IFR skill, the job I do requires an IFR rating but we seldom are in actual IMC. I have the 412, EH 101 and the 206 added on to the MFS but find that the controls are not very realistic to an actual helicopter, therefore I usually use a F/W to practice with. I am also going to add the Jeppesen program soon too, hopefully it will be a little more useful. I guess the question is, is their another application that is more realistic that can be downloaded for MFS?

Thanks,

Hybrid

Do you have the dodosim Bell 206? from www.dodosim.com it's the most realistic helicopter on the market for MSFS, I have been able to simulate IFR no problem with it and as long as you have your realism sliders maxed and put the internal realism up to level 5 on the helicopter and have a dual controller such as the saitek X52 that has a seperate collective and cyclic control coupled with a set of pedals its almost as good as using a 20K sim for realism. There are hundreds of programs that work for moving maps with approach plates airport diagrams etc such as the electronic flight bag (I can't remember the manufacturer but a google search should get it) and the free program called Plan G. If you need more detailed info on anything shoot me an email at ryan@nemethdesigns.com :)