Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Unfortunate Case Of Bleedvalve

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trever Trever Trever

Jerry Jerry Jerry :shock:

Cheers Mini.....................

I know this is just a thought, but considering the circumstances, why don't the moderators just this one time identify all the users that BV has been using, and any new ones that pop up. We know there are more than a few.

I spent a great deal of time sifting through months of stuff that I missed out on, then traced IPs, and now I have the person in questions ISP (his home ISP in western Canada as well as a "secure" encrypted server that he uses that is in Texas operated by a company based in Minnesota....by the way the money they charge for a subscription is a rip-off. Careful who you do business with online folks ;) ). As far as releasing the usernames that were used by him I do have an issue with simply because only one of them was consistently posing a problem, none of them will be able to post for a few more days, and Bleedvalve will never post again. I will say though that it is not that hard to figure out, all I had to do was verify the usernames via IP to confirm but unfortunately without Kyle around we cannot ban IPs, we must find other ways within the system to deal with them. Many posts from members listing what they thought to be the same person's different user accounts were bang on, but there were a few that were registered and had not even made one post.

If you read VERY carefully through this thread, he openly admits who he is. Even if it is unintentional, it is there.

I, too have been watching this carefully - I can only relate what happened when I suggested a friend of mine as a possible candidate for a summer season. The reply was "I've heard a lot of bad things about him from many sources." So he didn't get the job.

There is an owner's club - however bad they might be, they still all talk to each other, but the individual in question is now working for a prestigious company and doing very well, so there is hope!

phil

I want to point out

My last name was posted in a thread by Bleedvalve...

I feel like I am kicking a dead horse here but...

The only person I sent a personal e-mail to was jwsralp (originator of the 'deteriorating standards" post)

That proves Bleedvalve was Jwsralph...

maybe we ought to cut the real John Ralph some slack-it wasn't him!!!