Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Vih Sold?

Can't take it anymore, so I pulled out my log books to make sure. Over a 7 year period fighting fires in AB and SK I've had the pleasure of working side by side with Campbell both on spec and contract machines. Great guys all around:

-I had a leak. I'm AOG as far as I was concerned. Engineer runs over and does a leak check, tells me to phone my DOM with some info,and VOILA! Good to go. Thank you.

-High time ex-mil pilot flying around in stuff I wouldn't even dream of. Forestry looking at me and wondering why I'm still on the ground. Driver lands and asks me and another driver what we are willing to fly in. From then on we had morning meetings just between us 3 drivers so that we were all on the same page. Thankyou.

-Another driver not familiar with long-line rigging but high time, off-shore, mil type ops. I show him a few things at a fuel depot, help him roll a few barrels into his net so he doesn't have to shut down. Next thing I know, my refueling pump blows a sprocket...those cheap plastic ones. Buddy shuts down his 212, gives me a handshake again and says "you roll the barrels and you can use mine...Deal?". I was on spec in fire-flap. I said OK! Thankyou.

-Cambell 212 AOG for heavy maint, in the middle of the summer. My Ops Manager at the time offers our hangar to them. For the next 3 months that driver/engineer kept the fridge full of beer and when out in the field always asked if there was something they could do for us. Thankyou.

As has previously been stated "what goes around, comes around"! Those are only 4, and I have a few more if you PM me. I don't know Bruce at all. But if those are the guys he hires, well, as the saying goes "I'm all in". I worked for a guy like that once...for 9 years.

The iron is an ugly yellow but underneath, it's top notch. And if there are any problems, as far as I know, from an outside perspective, they ground it...period. And all the drivers/engineers were still getting paid a daily. Seen it done.

BTW...take a look in any one of their engineering vans and it is immaculate, well organized and all "above board" so to speak.

Fly Safe. and back on topic....DA.A has gone just north of .40 so maybe there is some truth to the rumours. If you all just buy a little more I just might make my money back! LOL

Sure nice reading about the employees that like CHL.

BUT..back to the subject heading..

It was not all that long ago that DA had their hand out asking for forgiveness on NWT loans.

How is it that a company that is really just a shell, buy out another company that I could only assume is not being sold for nothing?

Boggles ones mind.

Having said that, it is a good time to try to capitalize(corner) on the northern market with the recent announcement of approval for the gas pipeline. I am sure there will be a few dollars made in the rotary wing industry before/during and after the pipeline goes through.

Sure nice reading about the employees that like CHL.

BUT..back to the subject heading..

It was not all that long ago that DA had their hand out asking for forgiveness on NWT loans.

How is it that a company that is really just a shell, buy out another company that I could only assume is not being sold for nothing?

Boggles ones mind.

Having said that, it is a good time to try to capitalize(corner) on the northern market with the recent announcement of approval for the gas pipeline. I am sure there will be a few dollars made in the rotary wing industry before/during and after the pipeline goes through.

I wonder if and how bad the Cougar incident effected VIH.

As for how can DA afford it after the GNWT bail out. Don't forget it was a 34 million loan with 1 lump sum payment in 5 years. No payments on that loan until then. I wonder what would happen if someone gave others a pile off money and said keep it pay me back in 5 years. If you did get money it won't be from the same GNWT fund DA got it from. Last i heard was the fund was froze right after the DA loan and is still under investigation as to how it was being administered.

I too have had some good run-ins with crew from CHL, a very good job in Kincardine, Ont. A few years ago, up in Dryden a couple of summers, Armstrong fire, etc. Always a fun crowd to hang around, and altho there were some grumping, they were all from one guy, and he never showed up the next year...

Nah, sounds OK to me...

VIH? know some people out there, but have not heard anything.

Cheers

H.

Winnie,

Were you there in Kincardine?

I was there with Yellowhead - great job

Keith

I was indeed...

I was the only one with a REAL helicopter... I had the Schweizer 300C...

I actually almost had to beg Gord E for a ride in the 205, since he had to go up anyways... Weird, would think the enthusiasm would show through...

But yess, awsome job, golf, beer and beaches for 2 weeks, 4 hour minimums paid and only 1 machine that actually flew.

Cheers

H.

• 2 weeks later...

earlier in this discussion I sort of "flew off the handle" in response to one of P5's comments. I went on a bit of a personal rant towards the comments and allthough I still believe the response was called for, in hindsight I realize I got a bit angry and posted it on this forum which is not the place. My response only brought me down to the same level and was completely un-helicopter industry related. It was not a fair indication of my professional level and commitment to aviation. It was a mistake on my part and I hope everyone will accept my appologies for it!

Next time I will breath and not get into a unproduvtive personal bashing session.

My appologies and happy new year!

earlier in this discussion I sort of "flew off the handle" in response to one of P5's comments. I went on a bit of a personal rant towards the comments and allthough I still believe the response was called for, in hindsight I realize I got a bit angry and posted it on this forum which is not the place. My response only brought me down to the same level and was completely un-helicopter industry related. It was not a fair indication of my professional level and commitment to aviation. It was a mistake on my part and I hope everyone will accept my appologies for it!

Next time I will breath and not get into a unproduvtive personal bashing session.

My appologies and happy new year!

Short lesson on life OP. If you do a baddy, normally within a week nobody remembers or cares.

Don't sweat it. No problemo and we all still love ya!! Right Guys???

And a Happy New Year to you and yours OP!