Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Why The 407 Is The Superior Aircraft

Venture flew with Purcell HeliSki in Golden for the last 2 years.

You're hinting that the new bidder is only getting $1,800 ?

They will only average 0.6/day over the 180 days (Dec 1 to May 1) that PHS wants you there. :down: and PHS has not ever paid flight minimums.

Fill your boots on that one, bring some warm gear and a good book ( an english to Japanese or German translation one perhaps?).

Who's the lucky company to WIN that lucrative winter work? :blink:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to the original topic that the 407 is a superior machine to an Astar... there are many arguments in favour of either that have already been listed here. Some have clearly listed their reasons for choosing either... such as 407D's irrefutable argument that the 407 is the one for what they're doing... it's simple dollars and cents... nothing personal.

I have over 3000 hours in 350's and really can't find fault with them outside of the little "nit-picky" things. I only have a little time in 407's and my feeling is "great drive train... too bad it's that same sh$%tty airframe".

This is based on no flat floor, very cramped quarters (I'm 240 lbs and comfortably over 6 feet), and people having to face backwards.

I couldn't agree more than with Matador, who stated that whatever machine you're handed will end up being the best machine for the job...

As for Sisyphus' comments about the 350 being a cow, well I'd like to know how much time he has in each type... 'cause this is clearly out to lunch... where's Theseus when you need him?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sisyphus

HV