Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Une Bonne Question

2lips

Je me suis resament pose la question suivante, qui a mon avis est assez ambigu...

Voici : Concernant les distances franchisable en autorotation en helico et l'altitude legal a maintenir en tout temps off shore, la question est : es ce que par exemple le pont de la conféderation pourrait compter comme le "Shore" l'ors d'une traverssé "No pop out" single eng ??

Jacomo peut etre ??

Premier paragraphe est la reponse.

JD

(4) No person shall operate over water a single-engined helicopter, or a multi-engined helicopter that is unable to maintain flight with any engine failed, at more than 25 nautical miles, or the distance that can be covered in 15 minutes of flight at the cruising speed filed in the flight plan or flight itinerary, whichever distance is the lesser, from a suitable emergency landing site unless life rafts are carried on board and are sufficient in total rated capacity to accommodate all of the persons on board.

(5) No person shall operate over water a multi-engined helicopter that is able to maintain flight with any engine failed at more than 50 nautical miles, or the distance that can be covered in 30 minutes of flight at the cruising speed filed in the flight plan or flight itinerary, whichever distance is the lesser, from a suitable emergency landing site unless life rafts are carried on board and are sufficient in total rated capacity to accommodate all of the persons on board.

My god...Dazed and confuse..sorry Jac!!Thaught i was on the other side of the contry.

But still, "from a suitable emergency landing site" does the bridge count ?

E.C

Pas de problemes

I don't know if it counts but I would sure use it.

Suitable: Having sufficient or the required properties for a certain purpose or task; appropriate to a certain occasion

Now, my point of view is anything you can land on in case of emergency is "a suitable emergency landing site"

JD

Pas de problemes

I don't know if it counts but I would sure use it.

Suitable: Having sufficient or the required properties for a certain purpose or task; appropriate to a certain occasion

Now, my point of view is anything you can land on in case of emergency is "a suitable emergency landing site"

JD

**** right i would use it !!

Thx for diggin..catch ya on the other site.

I agree. A case in point is landing in the Hudson River rather than landing in the midst of urban jungle (similar to flying over the Amazon jungle - you hope to **** there is a river nearby when something goes wrong - 'Puta de Selva!).

Whatever gets you home safe at the end of the day!

I agree. A case in point is landing in the Hudson River rather than landing in the midst of urban jungle (similar to flying over the Amazon jungle - you hope to **** there is a river nearby when something goes wrong - 'Puta de Selva!).

Whatever gets you home safe at the end of the day!

Your right..but the question is: "Legaly, Is the bridge count as a reachable shore for an autorot when crossing?" or , can we cross over the bridge, single eng, no pop out?

Hope i don't get to anoying here...i'll digg the car's more !

P.S ; Nixon... still kickin? Lets get it on !! overall, you know what i know right ??