Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Employment Ads

Hazy

• 4 weeks later...

Yup! Did you also notice that more and more ads these days specifically state that you must have th legal right workn in Canada.

Thank you very much!

P5

Yes, thankfully I will be a permanent resident soon.

You will be pleased to know Mr. Pilot5, that CIC has instituted new legislation as well, prohibiting anyone from gaining more than 4 years on work permits from april 2011.

Now if they would only stop all the restaurant workers...

Cheers

H.

Yes, thankfully I will be a permanent resident soon.

You will be pleased to know Mr. Pilot5, that CIC has instituted new legislation as well, prohibiting anyone from gaining more than 4 years on work permits from april 2011.

Now if they would only stop all the restaurant workers...

Cheers

H.

Yes its all good! This will have a positive effect on everything and force operators to hire Canadians. It bears well for the training side of things to as more low timers with the right paperwork will be able to find jobs. I am pleased as punch! So much for the culling of Canadian rotary pilots for non issue personality issues. In fact last year I know of 2 persons who were actually reversed culled. Had a long silent chuckle!!!

I wonder what effect this could have on forestry? Ops managers may actually have to tell forestry self promoting complainers to stick-it when it comes to picking the fly crap out of the pepper over non aviation related matters... as there will be fewer pilot to choose from... What a great world it could be..

Hated but many, loved by few.

P5

Wonderful posts HF/P5. Alittle self-indulgent and hypocrytical perhaps but why let the facts get in the way of a good story. Where is it you are working these days? Still having a long loud chuckle re that!!!

As for any changes to CIC policy that you seem to have single handedly changed l would hesitate to guess that they more closely reflect the current state of the industry in Canada. CIC are well within their rights to protect Canadian workers in such times and so they should. In 2002 following the Sept 11 attacks they made it almost impossible to obtain a foreign work visa. A knee jerk reaction perhaps however they deemed it necessary, apparently all foreign pilots were potential terrorists at the time. That season as you may remember HF/P5 was one of the busiest in the past decade. The company l eventually worked for had the General Manager flying they were so short of pilots. Did it elevate all the hangar rats to flying status. Well no! I think you'll find that many companies had aircraft sitting idle that year and the few busy years that followed simply because they couldn't find enough 'experienced' pilots.

Demand and supply, you should look into it!

Wonderful posts HF/P5. Alittle self-indulgent and hypocrytical perhaps but why let the facts get in the way of a good story. Where is it you are working these days? Still having a long loud chuckle re that!!!

As for any changes to CIC policy that you seem to have single handedly changed l would hesitate to guess that they more closely reflect the current state of the industry in Canada. CIC are well within their rights to protect Canadian workers in such times and so they should. In 2002 following the Sept 11 attacks they made it almost impossible to obtain a foreign work visa. A knee jerk reaction perhaps however they deemed it necessary, apparently all foreign pilots were potential terrorists at the time. That season as you may remember HF/P5 was one of the busiest in the past decade. The company l eventually worked for had the General Manager flying they were so short of pilots. Did it elevate all the hangar rats to flying status. Well no! I think you'll find that many companies had aircraft sitting idle that year and the few busy years that followed simply because they couldn't find enough 'experienced' pilots.

Demand and supply, you should look into it!

Yes I have looked into it in some detail. There is no shortage of experienced Canadian pilots. The companies will say there is only because some have exausted the pool and sent too many guys packing over non issues.Like I said I experienced 2 reverse culls last year and there will be more to come.

There is however, a shortage companies that abide by the labor laws, immigration laws when it comes to offering and maintaining these few positions for Canadians and undertaking whatever additional training to support the skills of the domestic labour market.

P5