Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Employment Ads

Hazy

"Hated but (sic) many, loved by few." And I guess we can understand why, Mr. P5, given your apparently narrow perspective and antagonistic attitude. Have you ever tried walking in another man's shoes?

Many shoes many times! I soon learned that there is only so much CRAP any one person should have to endure.

P5

There is only so much CRAP that Chief Pilots and Forestry Managers will take.

That's why some pilots keep getting fired.

But these pilots are too stupid to realise it.

They think every problem is someone else's 'non-issue',

but it's not....it's their own CRAP.

They think they are walking in someone else's shoes,

but they are too self-centered to ever know what that even means.

Many shoes many times! I soon learned that there is only so much CRAP any one person should have to endure.

P5

Well said pilot5 hopefully this will change some employers attitudes towards how they treat employees.

Maybe gone will be the days that when you have a concern about safety or other things you don't feel are right the boss points to the pile of resumes on his desk and says "I got 100 guys ready to fill your spot if you don't like it"

Also I can't see whats so wrong in filling Canadian jobs with Canadian workers first? Blows me away that its even an arguement.

The industry definitely does seem to be bouncing back.

There seems to be an upturn in the mineral exploration sector and probably other areas too. I know seismic (recording crews) has picked up a bit, but I still haven't heard much about seismic rigs in Canada yet.

I can tell things are different this year just because I have had 5 job offers in the last month. That kind of thing hasn't happened for several years.

Things are looking good! :up:

There is only so much CRAP that Chief Pilots and Forestry Managers will take.

That's why some pilots keep getting fired.

But these pilots are too stupid to realise it.

They think every problem is someone else's 'non-issue',

but it's not....it's their own CRAP.

They think they are walking in someone else's shoes,

but they are too self-centered to ever know what that even means.

[/quote

I did an experiment working for forestry 2009, I made certain to dot every I and cross every T, and you know what? they still found something to complain about. The reality is that the subculture of forestry in some districts promote managers and staff based on how many write ups they can accomplish... Im convinced. So if there is shortage of pilots hopefull there will be less bitching.. Gota love the guy that gets in and the first thing out of his mouth is "Ive been doing this for 20 years!" Now a days It gives me chuckle becuse my response back is " only 20 years!" Shuts that one down in a hurry.

As for chief pilots and ops managers: I have worked for some great people who let you do your Job, and butt out! They provide professional respect and the relationship works. Others and I mean 80& of the rest are poor managers and constantly interfere and display absolutely no professional courtesy what so ever.

That being said, the industry will evolve and adapt tyo the new situation.

Shakey: I totally agree shouldnt even been an issue!

Cheers

P5

As for chief pilots and ops managers: I have worked for some great people who let you do your Job, and butt out! They provide professional respect and the relationship works. Others and I mean 80& of the rest are poor managers and constantly interfere and display absolutely no professional courtesy what so ever.

This industry has one of the least capable management structures of any industry I've seen - if there's a worse one out there I'd hate to see it. In all my years at this, I have never overcome the shock of seeing how terribly unprepared or trained most CP's and Ops Mgrs are in human resources. Correct who we put in these chairs, correct the problem. However it is much easier said than done with ownership what it is in many circumstances, but not all. I just can't get over the lack of mutual respect in our industry, on all levels.

AR